|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the journey take?
(a) five days
(b) all day and all night
(c) eight days
(d) three days
2. At first, the emperor wants to destroy the enemy fleet and, therefore subject the people to be governed by what?
(c) a queen
(d) a viceroy
3. What sort of dance does Gulliver go on to explain that the Lilliputians do?
(a) a rain dance
(b) a risque dance
(c) a rope dance
(d) a ribbon dance
4. How are the commoners punished for shooting arrows at Gulliver?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are banished.
(c) They are pushed within Gulliver's range.
(d) They are put in jail.
5. How long has Gulliver been on Blefuscu, when he sees something wash up on shore?
(a) seven days
(b) three weeks
(c) three days
(d) seven weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of concern for losing an eye, Gulliver does what, while swimming away from the enemy?
2. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
3. Gulliver tells of seeing beggars with giant what?
4. Which item did Gulliver hide from the Lilliputian guards?
5. When Gulliver gets his hand free from his bonds, what do the men do?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)