|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gulliver is sleeping, they bring in a mechanism that was made specifically to do what to him?
(a) carry him
(b) restrain him
(c) house him
(d) feed him
2. Why does Gulliver have trouble seeing the inner palace?
(a) The inner palace is under heavy guard.
(b) The inner palace is under construction.
(c) There are two many houses between Gulliver and the inner palace.
(d) The inner palace was too tiny for Gulliver to see.
3. How does Gulliver's sword scare the guards?
(a) The sword falls to the ground and almost crushes them.
(b) Gulliver thros the sword across the room and it sticks in the ground next to the king.
(c) Gulliver pretends to use the sword to stab at them.
(d) The sword catches the light and blinds them.
4. How do the men ensure that Gulliver will not escape, once he is in the temple?
(a) They lock Gulliver in the Temple.
(b) They leave Gulliver tied up with rope.
(c) They shackle Gulliver.
(d) They take Gulliver's shoes away, so he can't walk on the harsh ground.
5. According to the old written laws, Lilliputians cannot hold public office if they do not believe in what?
(a) compassion towards others
(d) Divine Providence
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver estimated that about how many people lived in the inner city?
2. How long does the journey take?
3. During the journey, Gulliver awakes only once when a couple of the curious accidentally make him do what?
4. Which item did the Lilliputian guards not find on Gulliver?
5. When he awakes, what kind of people surround Gulliver?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)