One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Gulliver is being brought up on charges by the Lilliputians.
(a) not following orders about destroying the people of Blefuscu
(b) secretly marrying a woman from Blefuscu
(c) planning to sail tot he enemy's land
(d) being friendly to the ambassadors
2. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the nurse's
(b) the cook's
(c) the queen's
(d) the king's
3. How long is Gulliver told it will be before the reading of the articles?
(a) three days
(b) five days
(c) six days
(d) four days
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) decide whether there is life in outer space
(b) discuss the meaning of life
(c) figure out how the world was created
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
5. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a tooth brush
(b) a scrub brush
(c) a hair brush
(d) a comb
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
2. Which of the following punishments do the people settle on for Gulliver?
3. The last room of the academy is one for what?
4. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
5. Why does Gulliver say that he finally left the kingdom?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)