|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catholic church sees voluntary vampirism as a kind of ________.
2. What animal is used as a sacrifice to raise the dead?
3. Who can raise the long-dead, a century or more years old?
4. Who sends Anita a dozen pure white roses?
5. According to Anita, ________ is one of the most basic fears of man.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it imperative that Anita meet with the wererats?
2. Describe the ghoul that Anita encounters in the graveyard.
3. How does the Church of Eternal Life recruit potential members?
4. Why is Nikolaos punishing Jean-Claude?
5. Who bites Anita on the neck? Why does he bite her?
6. What clue does Anita find in the Church of Eternal Life's day planner?
7. Describe the coffins that are in Nikolaos's throne room.
8. Why does Sergeant Storr call Anita in the beginning of Chapter 32?
9. Why does Anita consider giving Edward information regarding the whereabouts of Nikolaos?
10. Describe the crime scene in Chapter 32. What is different about this vampire murder compared to the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the opening scene of Guilty Pleasures introduces the major conflict of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fear as detailed in Guilty Pleasures. How is fear portrayed? Who is fearful? What or who are they fearful of? Is their fear justifiable? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
According to a button worn by Monica Vespucci, "Vampires are humans, too." In what ways is this statement true? In what ways is it false? What do you think Anita's beliefs are on this statement?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)