|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the female wererat who is also a doctor?
2. Who is Anita waiting for in the beginning of Chapter 43?
3. Who can raise the long-dead, a century or more years old?
4. Who is Nikolaos referring to when she says, "I can make you do whatever I please"?
5. Who is the vampire murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the process Anita goes through to raise the dead in Chapter 28.
2. Explain the dream Anita has in Chapter 42.
3. What happens when Edward presses Anita's cross against her wounds? What does this signify?
4. Why is it imperative that Anita meet with the wererats?
5. Describe the coffins that are in Nikolaos's throne room.
6. What clue does Anita find in the Church of Eternal Life's day planner?
7. Who bites Anita on the neck? Why does he bite her?
8. Why does Sergeant Storr call Anita in the beginning of Chapter 32?
9. Why is Nikolaos punishing Jean-Claude?
10. Describe the Rat King.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you show how a specific death scene helps to illuminate the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the opening scene of Guilty Pleasures introduces the major conflict of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
According to the praise on the back of the novel, "No one knows the dark desires of the soul better than #1 New York Times bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton." Explain the meaning of this quote in detail as it relates to Guilty Pleasures. Use specific details and examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)