|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who often invades and breaks up the freak parties?
2. Within the context of the novel, define the word "taste."
3. What do the wererats insist Anita wear while they dig a tunnel?
4. How many marks does Burchard have?
5. Who does Anita think are going to kill her once Nikolaos removes her protection from Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nikolaos punishing Jean-Claude?
2. What is the difference between a live and dead cave as explained by the small ratman?
3. Describe the coffins that are in Nikolaos's throne room.
4. Why does Sergeant Storr call Anita in the beginning of Chapter 32?
5. What has happened to Phillip in Chapter 38?
6. For what reason does Anita say that Zachary is killing people?
7. What happens when Edward presses Anita's cross against her wounds? What does this signify?
8. For what reason does Nikolaos state for raising Phillip from the dead?
9. Describe Iris Jensen's story. Why is she dead? Why is she now a zombie?
10. How is Anita able to stab Winter and Aubrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define vampirism within the context of the novel. Discuss the legal issue surrounding vampirism. How is vampirism regulated in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In an analytical essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita's relationship to Jean-Claude.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the character Monica Vespucci? Is she a major or a minor character? Is she good or evil? What is her relation to Anita? Give a full analysis of Monica Vespucci using specific details from the novel.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)