|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Theresa, ________ is power.
2. Who does Anita describe as large, nay, and fat?
3. What does RPIT stand for?
4. What restaurant does Anita take Phillip to?
5. A freak is someone who likes ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail the character of Willie McCoy.
2. Why is Jamison angry with Anita?
3. "Are you so insecure in your own powers, little animator? Do you believe that all your resistance to me resides in that piece of silver around your neck?" Who is speaking? To whom is this character speaking to? What is this character referring to?
4. Why is Anita feeling nauseous in the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does the large sign on the door to Guilty Pleasures read?
6. What does Phillip advise Anita to wear to a freak party?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what two choices does Anita have after Ronnie leaves her house?
8. Describe the outfit Anita puts on to go to the freak party. Do you think this outfit is suitable for the occasion? Explain.
9. Why does Anita not want the check that Nikolaos gives to Animators, Inc.?
10. According to Phillip, how does Nikolaos punish her vampires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the opening scene of Guilty Pleasures introduces the major conflict of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
According to a button worn by Monica Vespucci, "Vampires are humans, too." In what ways is this statement true? In what ways is it false? What do you think Anita's beliefs are on this statement?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for both the individuals involved in the conflict and the society in which the conflict occurs.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)