|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nikolaos informs Anita that the police are aware of only ________ vampire murders, but there have been ________ more.
2. When asked by Jean-Claude how many kills she is credited with, Anita responds with ________.
3. The city where Rebecca Miles lives has street names of the following state except which one?
4. Anita says that vampires do not eat ________.
5. Who is throwing the freak party?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Phillip, how does Nikolaos punish her vampires?
2. What types of crime does RPIT handle? Who leads this task force?
3. Explain the difference between a permanent human servant and a half human servant.
4. What pretend drink does Anita order at Dead Dave's? What type of drink is it really?
5. What is Guilty Pleasures?
6. Why is Anita feeling nauseous in the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. For what reason does Anita give as to why she jogs?
8. How does Anita describe Nikolaos in Chapter 11?
9. What is Rebecca Miles's initial reaction to Anita showing up at her apartment?
10. What cover story does Phillip tell Anita to repeat if asked why she is at the freak party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the praise on the back of the novel, "No one knows the dark desires of the soul better than #1 New York Times bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton." Explain the meaning of this quote in detail as it relates to Guilty Pleasures. Use specific details and examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In a detailed essay, discuss what you found the most memorable scene from the novel. What is it about this scene that makes it so memorable? What is the significance of the scene to the story as a whole? Use specific details from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Define vampirism within the context of the novel. Discuss the legal issue surrounding vampirism. How is vampirism regulated in the story? Explain.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)