|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillip wears ________ and ________ to the freak party.
2. Anita states that ghouls retain their form more like ________.
3. At the end of Chapter 1, who is Anita going to raise from the dead?
4. Who does Anita say betrays both humans and nonhumans alike?
5. What city does the novel Guilty Pleasures take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita not want the check that Nikolaos gives to Animators, Inc.?
2. For what reason does Anita give as to why she jogs?
3. What pretend drink does Anita order at Dead Dave's? What type of drink is it really?
4. Why is Anita feeling nauseous in the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Why does the wererat King come into Anita's cell?
6. What is Guilty Pleasures?
7. Why does Monica Vespucci call Anita?
8. Has Jean-Claude fed yet in the beginning of Chapter 8? Explain.
9. "Are you so insecure in your own powers, little animator? Do you believe that all your resistance to me resides in that piece of silver around your neck?" Who is speaking? To whom is this character speaking to? What is this character referring to?
10. Who attacks Anita at Guilty Pleasures? What type of weapon does Anita use to defend herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, discuss Nikolaos. How is her appearance deceiving?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anita's role as a vampire hunter. Do you think she deserves this title? Explain by using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In a detailed essay, discuss what you found the most memorable scene from the novel. What is it about this scene that makes it so memorable? What is the significance of the scene to the story as a whole? Use specific details from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)