|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe figure out about why Flaherty refused to testify for Mark?
2. What does Mark tell Wes that his plans are?
3. Why does Mark want the person in #97 to remain on his defense team?
4. Who does Wes imply could have taken blood and a surgical glove from a hospital and placed them at the murder scene?
5. Who does Mark begin plotting revenge against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wes show reasonable doubt about the missing vial of blood by questioning Mark's doctor?
2. How are Wes and Sam at odds over Mark's criminal nature?
3. What defense statement does Wes deliver regarding Mark's lack of motive to kill his wife?
4. What does Christina realize about Mark as a person after they are married and she understands how manipulative he is?
5. What does Christina tell her mother when she calls her from the hospital?
6. How does Wes' behavior with Mark show an almost naive bond of friendship?
7. How is Mark's madness evidenced in the scene in Christina's hospital room?
8. Why does Sam not want Wes to meet with Mark?
9. Why does Diane set off the metal detectors at the courthouse and what are the implications?
10. What information do Wes and Glitsky share with Christina to prove that Mark is a rapist and a murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mark Dooher. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Wes Farrels. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)