|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wes imply could have taken blood and a surgical glove from a hospital and placed them at the murder scene?
2. Who is Mark surprised to find in Christina's hospital room?
3. Samantha calls Christina and tries to convince her that Mark is guilty of ___________________.
4. What does Christina tell Abe about her relationship with Mark?
5. How are Abe and his children managing after his wife's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prosecutor's version of what happened to Sheila on the day of the murder?
2. What does Wes notice when he returns to the room being used for the defense?
3. Why does the judge rule that Chas Brown cannot testify against Mark?
4. What information does Christina find out about what Mark did regarding her and Joe Avery?
5. Who is Father Gorman and what is his role in Archbishop Flaherty's decision to not testify on Mark's behalf?
6. What does Christina realize about Mark as a person after they are married and she understands how manipulative he is?
7. Why do Wes and Sam feel the need to help Christina who is now pregnant?
8. What defense statement does Wes deliver regarding Mark's lack of motive to kill his wife?
9. What is the impact of Michael Ross' testimony against Mark?
10. Why does Diane set off the metal detectors at the courthouse and what are the implications?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark Dooher can be characterized as a sociopath personality. Explain what is involved in this type of personality and how Mark exhibits the typical traits of sociopathic behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)