|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe realize about Diane?
2. At what point does Wes say that he no longer believed in Mark's innocence?
3. What does Wes note when he re-enters the discussion room at the courthouse?
4. What does Christina tell Abe about her relationship with Mark?
5. Abe learns that _____________ had tried to blackmail Mark ten years ago.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mark's business is in trouble even though he was acquitted in the murder trial.
2. Why does Diane set off the metal detectors at the courthouse and what are the implications?
3. How do the blood expert and Mark's doctor implicate him for stealing a vial of blood?
4. How does Wes show reasonable doubt about the missing vial of blood by questioning Mark's doctor?
5. Why does Sam not want Wes to meet with Mark?
6. Why does Wes contact Glitsky prior to meeting with Christina?
7. What does Christina realize about Mark as a person after they are married and she understands how manipulative he is?
8. What does Glitsky think could have been Diane's ulterior motive for killing Mark?
9. What defense statement does Wes deliver regarding Mark's lack of motive to kill his wife?
10. How are Wes and Sam at odds over Mark's criminal nature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mark Dooher. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
GUILT is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mark Dooher can be characterized as a sociopath personality. Explain what is involved in this type of personality and how Mark exhibits the typical traits of sociopathic behavior.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)