|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wes, Abe's case against Mark is built on __________________.
2. What does the judge think that Mark is trying to do?
3. What is "the pink moment"?
4. Who is the prosecutor in Mark's murder trial?
5. Samantha calls Christina and tries to convince her that Mark is guilty of ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the impact of Michael Ross' testimony against Mark?
2. How is Mark's madness evidenced in the scene in Christina's hospital room?
3. How does Wes try to implicate Glitsky in planting the vial of blood?
4. Why does Wes contact Glitsky prior to meeting with Christina?
5. Why do Wes and Sam feel the need to help Christina who is now pregnant?
6. How do the blood expert and Mark's doctor implicate him for stealing a vial of blood?
7. How does Mark convince Wes to meet with him in person?
8. How does Wes' behavior with Mark show an almost naive bond of friendship?
9. Explain why Mark's business is in trouble even though he was acquitted in the murder trial.
10. What makes the judge believe that Mark is working for a mistrial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book GUILT? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)