|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor Trang tell Mark about the case against the Catholic Church?
2. What does Mark pick up from Joe's office?
3. Who is the Archbishop that Mark vows to help attain the position of Cardinal?
4. Who is the widow accusing the priest of taking her money?
5. Who is Abe's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as GUILT begins?
2. Whose murder is Glitsky called back from his personal leave to investigate in Chapter 22?
3. What impact has Christina's abortion had on her life?
4. Where does Abe Glitsky meet Christina and what is the nature of his business with her?
5. Explain the quandary Mark is in regarding his job as attorney for the Catholic Church.
6. Describe Abe Glitsky's personal problems at home.
7. What had Abe done wrong in the Levon Copes situation according to his superiors?
8. What is Mark's business relationship with the Archbishop?
9. How does Mark go out of his way to try to make it appear that he does not have romantic interest in Christina?
10. How does Mark calculate a meeting with Christina and how does he get to know her better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Christina. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Lescroart's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Lescroart uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)