|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Christina when he goes to Christina's house?
2. Who does Christina visit in Chapter 18?
3. How many open cases is Abe working on?
4. Where do Mark and Sheila go the night of the dinner party?
5. Why does Mark decide to not try the Catholic Church case in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Abe Glitsky's personal problems at home.
2. How does Mark meet Christina?
3. How does Mark manipulate the office situation so that he can hire Christina as an intern at the law firm?
4. What is Mark's business relationship with the Archbishop?
5. Why does Glitsky think Mark had staged the scene at Sheila's murder?
6. Why is Mark visiting with Archbishop Jim Flaherty in Chapter 5?
7. What does Christina do at a party that results in a fight between her and Joe later on?
8. Who is Paul Thieu and to which murder scene does he accompany Abe Glitsky?
9. How does Mark go out of his way to try to make it appear that he does not have romantic interest in Christina?
10. Who does Wes meet while out on the town and what is the woman's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of Diane Price in the novel? Why did Lescroart introduce her into the story? Is it fair that she will probably receive a light sentence for killing Mark under the pretense of protecting the baby when killing him had probably been her goal for many years? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book GUILT? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)