|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A theory arises that ____________ had stolen blood and staged the scene of Sheila's murder.
2. Why is Drysdale angry about the arrest of the person in #31?
3. What does Christina leave at Joe's office?
4. What is the parish where Mark attends church?
5. What advice does Mark give to Joe's date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inappropriate behavior does Mark display on the day of Sheila's funeral?
2. Why do the prosecutors agree to go forward with prosecuting Mark for Sheila's murder?
3. What does Mark tell Abe about his feelings for Vietnamese people and what does Abe believe?
4. Who is Paul Thieu and to which murder scene does he accompany Abe Glitsky?
5. What is Mark's reaction when Wes questions him about raping Diane Price in college?
6. Where does Abe Glitsky meet Christina and what is the nature of his business with her?
7. What does Glitsky learn about Mark Dooher's contact with Trang on the night of Trang's murder?
8. Why does Glitsky think Mark had staged the scene at Sheila's murder?
9. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as GUILT begins?
10. Why is Mark visiting with Archbishop Jim Flaherty in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Abe Glitsky. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
GUILT is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Lescroart's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)