|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Mark give to Joe's date?
2. Who does Mark tell about his conversation with Christina?
3. At whose home do Joe and Christina attend a dinner party?
4. Who has been stabbed to death at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Why is Able chastised for the arrest of the man in #31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as GUILT begins?
2. How does Mark calculate a meeting with Christina and how does he get to know her better?
3. What is Mark's reaction when Wes questions him about raping Diane Price in college?
4. Why is Abe chastised for arresting Levon Copes for the murder of Tania Willows?
5. What had Abe done wrong in the Levon Copes situation according to his superiors?
6. How does Mark meet Christina?
7. What inappropriate behavior does Mark display on the day of Sheila's funeral?
8. Where does Abe Glitsky meet Christina and what is the nature of his business with her?
9. What does Glitsky note about the Trang murder scene?
10. When does Glitsky realize the real motive for Sheila's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Lack of conscience takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
GUILT is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)