|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the story of Mark's indictment for murder released?
2. What does Trang believe about officials in the Catholic Church?
3. Who is Wes' wife?
4. In what city does GUILT take place?
5. What new homicide is Abe assigned to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose murder is Glitsky called back from his personal leave to investigate in Chapter 22?
2. How does Mark go out of his way to try to make it appear that he does not have romantic interest in Christina?
3. Describe Abe Glitsky's personal problems at home.
4. Why is Mark visiting with Archbishop Jim Flaherty in Chapter 5?
5. Explain the quandary Mark is in regarding his job as attorney for the Catholic Church.
6. What does Glitsky learn about any meeting with Mark on the night of Trang's murder as well as the $1.6 billion settlement offer?
7. How does Mark meet Christina?
8. What inappropriate behavior does Mark display on the day of Sheila's funeral?
9. How does Mark calculate a meeting with Christina and how does he get to know her better?
10. When does Glitsky realize the real motive for Sheila's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mark Dooher. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)