|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mark tell about his conversation with Christina?
2. What is Abe Glitsky's job?
3. Why was the man in #81 worried that Mark may kill him?
4. What is the parish where Mark attends church?
5. Who does Abe question about a bayonet he had used in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christina do at a party that results in a fight between her and Joe later on?
2. How does Mark calculate a meeting with Christina and how does he get to know her better?
3. What is Mark's business relationship with the Archbishop?
4. What does Glitsky learn about any meeting with Mark on the night of Trang's murder as well as the $1.6 billion settlement offer?
5. What settlement figure does Mark offer Victor Trang and why does he extend it at this time?
6. Describe Abe Glitsky's personal problems at home.
7. Explain the quandary Mark is in regarding his job as attorney for the Catholic Church.
8. How does Mark meet Christina?
9. Releasing Joe from the hiring of summer interns takes the pressure off him. How does Joe show Christina that he is sorry for their argument over the matter?
10. Why do the prosecutors agree to go forward with prosecuting Mark for Sheila's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Diane Price in the novel? Why did Lescroart introduce her into the story? Is it fair that she will probably receive a light sentence for killing Mark under the pretense of protecting the baby when killing him had probably been her goal for many years? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Wes Farrels. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)