|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mark's law firm in trouble after the trial?
(a) Mark does not invest time in it anymore.
(b) The Archbishop moves his legal business somewhere else.
(c) The economy is really bad.
(d) No one believes that Mark is not guilty.
2. Who testifies about talking to Mark at the gold club?
(a) A golf pro.
(b) His accountant.
(c) The bartender.
(d) His caddy.
3. What does Abe figure out about why Flaherty refused to testify for Mark?
(a) Flaherty is Mark's former brother-in-law.
(b) Flaherty must know something about Mark's involvement in Trang's murder.
(c) Flaherty was in a business deal with Mark.
(d) Flaherty is Mark's accountant.
4. Who is Mark's neighbor who testifies about where Mark's car was parked on the night of the murder?
(a) Ed Benson.
(b) Evan Billingstone.
(c) Emil Balian.
(d) Eric Bowman.
5. What does Wes make Abe admit to during questioning?
(a) The crime scene was not secured.
(b) There is no physical evidence against Mark.
(c) Abe has a vendetta against Mark.
(d) Christina's prints were found at the murder scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Wes and Samantha's relationship in Chapter 45?
2. What does Wes note when he re-enters the discussion room at the courthouse?
3. What does Abe say he will testify to in the case against Diane?
4. Who is the prosecution witness who testifies that he did not find anything to directly connect Mark to Sheila's murder?
5. Who is the prosecutor in Mark's murder trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark convince Wes to meet with him in person?
2. What does Archbishop Flaherty tell Wes regarding Mark's trial while they attend a charity event?
3. What is the impact of Michael Ross' testimony against Mark?
4. How does Wes show that he does not believe Mark is innocent by the end of the trial?
5. What does Christina realize about Mark as a person after they are married and she understands how manipulative he is?
6. How does Wes' behavior with Mark show an almost naive bond of friendship?
7. How does Wes try to implicate Glitsky in planting the vial of blood?
8. Explain why Mark's business is in trouble even though he was acquitted in the murder trial.
9. Why does Wes contact Glitsky prior to meeting with Christina?
10. What does Glitsky think could have been Diane's ulterior motive for killing Mark?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)