|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge think that Mark is trying to do?
(a) Prove that someone else killed Sheila.
(b) Cause a mistrial.
(c) Have the case thrown out for lack of evidence.
(d) Create a show for the media.
2. Who is Mark's neighbor who testifies about where Mark's car was parked on the night of the murder?
(a) Evan Billingstone.
(b) Emil Balian.
(c) Ed Benson.
(d) Eric Bowman.
3. Why does Mark call Wes at the beginning of Chapter 50?
(a) He invites him to a party.
(b) He wants to talk business strategy.
(c) He wants to play golf.
(d) He needs his legal services.
4. Who admits that he/she is not certain of Mark's innocence?
5. What happens to Mark and Christina's relationship after the trial?
(a) They part company.
(b) They get married.
(c) They agree to be friends.
(d) They want to date for awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does Wes say that he no longer believed in Mark's innocence?
2. What does Abe realize about Diane?
3. What sets off the metal detectors at the courthouse?
4. Who sets off the metal detectors at the courthouse?
5. Who does Wes imply could have taken blood and a surgical glove from a hospital and placed them at the murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mark's madness evidenced in the scene in Christina's hospital room?
2. Why does the judge rule that Chas Brown cannot testify against Mark?
3. What information does Christina find out about what Mark did regarding her and Joe Avery?
4. What does Glitsky think could have been Diane's ulterior motive for killing Mark?
5. How does Wes show that he does not believe Mark is innocent by the end of the trial?
6. Why does Diane set off the metal detectors at the courthouse and what are the implications?
7. What information do Wes and Glitsky share with Christina to prove that Mark is a rapist and a murderer?
8. Why does Wes contact Glitsky prior to meeting with Christina?
9. What does Christina realize about Mark as a person after they are married and she understands how manipulative he is?
10. What does Christina tell her mother when she calls her from the hospital?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)