|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as the novel opens?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Riding the subway.
(d) Drinking beer.
2. How many open cases is Abe working on?
3. Who is Wes' wife?
4. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Working late.
(c) Driving home.
5. Who does Mark tell about his conversation with Christina?
6. What does Abe realize is the motive for Sheila's murder?
(a) The attraction between Mark and Christina.
(c) Sheila's life insurance policy.
(d) Lydia's jealousy.
7. What does Wes question Mark about at his home one night?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) The rape of Diane Price.
(c) His affair with Lydia.
(d) Sheila's murder.
8. What is the status of Mark's marriage to Lydia?
(a) They are newlyweds.
(b) They have been divorced for a couple years.
(c) They are happily married.
(d) They are divorcing.
9. Who does Abe question about a bayonet he had used in the military?
10. What does Christina leave at Joe's office?
(a) Car keys.
(b) A letter and her engagement ring.
(c) Airline tickets.
(d) Clean shirts.
11. Who is one of the two survivors of the platoon Mark was leading in Vietnam?
(a) Mick Murray.
(b) Stan Grimes.
(c) Chas Brown.
(d) Eddie Smith.
12. What does Mark's doctor confirm is missing after Mark's physical?
(a) A vial of blood.
(b) Some narcotics.
(c) Mark's chart.
13. What amount does Mark offer the woman's attorney as a settlement?
14. What does Abe tell Theiu is notable about the extra blood found on Sheila's bed at the time of her death?
(a) It was not fresh blood.
(b) It was not real blood.
(c) It was not her blood.
(d) There was an anti-coagulant in it.
15. Why had Joe and Christina had a fight earlier in the day?
(a) He flirted with another girl.
(b) She brought her resume to the firm.
(c) She wrecked his car.
(d) She spent too much money on shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does the person in #10 share with Mark?
2. Who is Mark hoping to see at church?
3. What causes a fight between Joe and Christina after the dinner party?
4. Who does Abe note is visibly upset when Mark is arrested for Sheila's murder?
5. What is Abe Glitsky's job?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)