|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters Seven through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor Trang tell Mark about the case against the Catholic Church?
(a) They will not drop the case under any circumstances.
(b) There is no solid case.
(c) The plaintiff has dropped the charges.
(d) There are more victims.
2. Who is Joe Avery?
(a) A junior partner in Mark's firm.
(b) A med student.
(c) Sheila's brother.
(d) Wes' godson.
3. What does Sheila think may be wrong with Mark?
(a) He is having a mid-life crisis.
(b) He might be suicidal.
(c) He might have financial problems.
(d) He might be having an affair.
4. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as the novel opens?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Riding the subway.
(d) Playing golf.
5. Why is Able chastised for the arrest of the man in #31?
(a) He did not have his badge to identify himself.
(b) He had the man in mind and didn't investigate other evidence.
(c) He did not secure the crime scene.
(d) He showed excessive brutality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christina call to talk about a problem with Joe?
2. What does Trang believe about officials in the Catholic Church?
3. What is Sheila afraid to tell Mark?
4. What secret does the person in #10 share with Mark?
5. Why is Drysdale angry about the arrest of the person in #31?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)