Part I, Chapters One through Six
1. What are Mark Dooher and Wes Farrell doing as the novel opens?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Having lunch.
(d) Riding the subway.
2. What is the status of Mark's marriage to Lydia?
(a) They are happily married.
(b) They are divorcing.
(c) They are newlyweds.
(d) They have been divorced for a couple years.
3. Who is Wes' wife?
4. What is Wes' profession?
5. Who is Joe Avery?
(a) A junior partner in Mark's firm.
(b) A med student.
(c) Sheila's brother.
(d) Wes' godson.
6. Who does Joe bring to Mark's party?
(a) Adrianne Watson.
(b) Maryann Southland.
(c) Christina Carrera.
(d) Kathleen Mason.
7. What advice does Mark give to Joe's date?
(a) She should apply for a summer internship.
(b) She should take a year off and travel in Europe.
(c) She should go to grad school.
(d) She should get her law degree.
8. What is the name of the law firm where Mark works?
(a) McCabe and Roth.
(b) Mitchell and Roth.
(c) McCabe and Miller.
(d) Morton and Riese.
This section contains 4,235 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)