|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man discussed in the epilogue is described as the last ______ mind.
2. Pound cites one author as arguing that "Nicomachean Ethics" is a mass of what?
3. Whose life does Pound believe was in line with the best modern views?
4. According to Pound, everyone is bothered by bad what?
5. Pound wants people to know that Hadyn is similarly great to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
2. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
3. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
4. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
5. How does Pound feel about "Guide to Kulchur"? How do you know?
6. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
7. What are the two mystical states explained by Pound? How do they affect philosophers?
8. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
9. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
10. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and explain each of Pound's three important modes of thought.
Essay Topic 2
Pound discusses philosophy and philosophers frequently in "Guide to Kulchur". Explain how he feels about philosophy, as well as identifying the philosopher he admires the most.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Communism and Fascism. Which does Pound support? Why?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)