|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. What essay is the the main title for the subtitle: "Is what you can pick up and/or get in touch with, by talk with the most intelligence men of the period?"
3. Which of the following institutions does Pound say is seen in the world today?
4. Pound asks the reader to hesitate in what?
5. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
2. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
3. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
4. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
5. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
6. What does Pound say matters most, according to "Decline of the Adamses"?
7. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
8. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
9. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
10. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three social diseases, according to Pound? Explain why and how they are social diseases, including a definition of what a social disease is.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Romanticism. How does Pound feel about Romanticism? Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pound's view of Aristotle. Why does he feel this way about him? Be specific.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)