|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is usury?
2. Whose financial situation does the author discuss?
3. Who must cut corners, according to "Kulchur: Part One?"
4. What book does the author discuss in "Monumental?"
5. "Italy" argues that a vast civilization is contained within a few hundred Italian what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Pound, why do people write?
2. Where did Pound work that contributed to his view of clerics? What is his view of clerics?
3. Give an example of aesthetic criticism in "Guide to Kulchur".
4. Why did the Catholic Church lose to Luther, according to Pound?
5. What does "Maxims of Prudence" say about collaborating with men?
6. Why does Pound say Jefferson was wise in "Human Wishes?"
7. What does Pound say about knowledge and culture in "Guide to Kulchur: Part Two"?
8. What does Pound seek in "Guide to Kulchur: Part Two"?
9. What does Pound say about old philosophy in comparison to men of his age in "Totalitarian?"
10. What does Pound say about code-worship in "Books 'About'"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pound's view of education.
Essay Topic 2
Explain imagery and ideoplasty, and how Pound links them in his essay "March 12th."
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pound's view on usury, using specific examples from his essays to support your claims.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)