|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Liebniz, professional philosophers are just ______ blokes, according to Pound.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
3. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
4. What author does the author deal with in "Monumental?"
5. How many pages is "Italy?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is usury? How does Pound relate usury to rulers of people?
2. Give an example of aesthetic criticism in "Guide to Kulchur".
3. Why does Pound say Jefferson was wise in "Human Wishes?"
4. What does Pound say about professional philosophers before and after Liebniz?
5. What does "Vortex" say about sculpture?
6. What does Pound say about knowledge and culture in "Guide to Kulchur: Part Two"?
7. What does Pound seek in "Guide to Kulchur: Part Two"?
8. What does Pound say about the Catholic encyclical Quadrigesimo Anno?
9. How do the ideas of examination of conscience and the decline of culture fit together in Pound's "Tradition?"
10. What does "Guide to Kulchur: Part One" say about things that cannot be understood? How does this apply to philosophy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pound's view on usury, using specific examples from his essays to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Victorian Age. How does Pound feel about Victorians? Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Explain imagery and ideoplasty, and how Pound links them in his essay "March 12th."
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)