|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is is a mere bureaucracy full of hypocrites?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The English Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Church of Rome.
2. What does Pound recommend in "Precedents?"
(a) Important artists.
(b) Important philosophers.
(c) Important writers.
(d) Important composers.
3. "Praise Song of the Buck-Hare" presents a poem written in what year?
4. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
5. How many essays does Pound suggest the reader actually read?
(b) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men drunk with in philosophy?
2. Where were people sent for systemized information in Pound's youth?
3. Whose autobiography has a lag between his death in 1861 and its publication in 1920?
4. Whose poetry does Pound want people to appreciate?
5. What author is addressed at the beginning of "Study of Physiognomy?"
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)