|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Neo-Platonicks Etc.," Pound discusses philosophers that followed who?
(d) Neon Nickes.
2. What is religious in "The Proof of the Pudding?"
3. "Praise Song of the Buck-Hare" presents a poem written in what year?
4. What did England's special darkness cause an interruption in?
5. Who does Pound want to write for?
(b) The future leaders.
(c) The cultured.
(d) The average man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poetry does Pound want people to appreciate?
2. What Italian intellectuals does Pound admire?
3. Where were people sent for systemized information in Pound's youth?
4. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
5. The man discussed in the epilogue is described as the last ______ mind.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say matters most, according to "Decline of the Adamses"?
2. What are the two mystical states explained by Pound? How do they affect philosophers?
3. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
4. Why are the Victorians significant to Pound?
5. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
6. How does Pound feel about "Guide to Kulchur"? How do you know?
7. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
8. Explain Pound's famous Cantos.
9. What significance does Grant have in American history, according to Pound?
10. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)