|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What roots were the Church fathers lifted from?
2. England after what suffered from a special darkness?
(a) World War II.
(b) Little Big Horn.
(c) World War I.
3. Philosophy leads to the two mystical states of the ecstatic and ______ others.
(a) Goodwill towards.
(b) Sense about.
(c) Connection with.
(d) Oblivion about.
4. What organization does Pound criticize in "Government?"
(a) Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Peace Corps.
(c) United Nations.
(d) League of Nations.
5. Whose "Nicomachean Ethics" does Pound analyze?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
2. Pound asks the reader to hesitate in what?
3. Since when has American been imbecilic, according to Pound?
4. How does Pound describe most Protestant parsons?
5. The first essay in Part IV, Section IX is "Education or ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound argue about liberalism in "Decline of the Adamses"?
2. What is the relationship between usury and the arts?
3. Explain Pound's famous Cantos.
4. Why are the Victorians significant to Pound?
5. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
6. In what book of "And Therefore Tending" does Pound's view of Aristotle change? How does it change?
7. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
8. What makes "Tone" a universal essay?
9. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
10. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)