|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay is the the main title for the subtitle: "Is what you can pick up and/or get in touch with, by talk with the most intelligence men of the period?"
(a) "The Novel and So Forth."
(c) "Time Lag."
(d) "The Culture of an Age."
2. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
3. How does Pound describe most Protestant parsons?
4. Philosophy leads to the two mystical states of the ecstatic and ______ others.
(a) Connection with.
(b) Sense about.
(c) Oblivion about.
(d) Goodwill towards.
5. How many pages of notes did Pound use in writing "And Therefore Tending?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The epilogue discusses a man with what occupation?
2. Where did Pound waste time studying?
3. What are men drunk with in philosophy?
4. Who does Pound believe is superior to Aristotle?
5. The epilogue discusses a man by what name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
2. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
3. What does Pound argue about liberalism in "Decline of the Adamses"?
4. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
5. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
6. What does "Kung" say about Confucius?
7. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
8. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
9. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
10. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)