|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pound describe the title "Guide to Kulchur?"
2. How does Pound feel about the philosopher discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
(a) He believes he should be removed from the canon.
(b) He believes he does not measure up to other philosophers.
(c) He has not read him.
(d) He thinks highly of him.
3. What roots were the Church fathers lifted from?
4. Which of the following institutions does Pound say is seen in the world today?
5. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose culture is discussed in "The Promised Land?"
2. How many pages of notes did Pound use in writing "And Therefore Tending?"
3. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
4. What organization does Pound criticize in "Government?"
5. What are men drunk with in philosophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
2. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
3. Explain Pound's famous Cantos.
4. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
5. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
6. What significance does Grant have in American history, according to Pound?
7. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
8. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
9. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
10. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)