|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pound cites one author as arguing that "Nicomachean Ethics" is a mass of what?
2. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
3. Where did Pound waste time studying?
(b) New York.
4. The enemies of mankind are those who ossify what?
5. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pound wants people to know that Hadyn is similarly great to whom?
2. "Arabia Deserta" begins with discussions of old writings that identify high and low what?
3. What essay is the the main title for the subtitle: "Is what you can pick up and/or get in touch with, by talk with the most intelligence men of the period?"
4. How does Pound describe the title "Guide to Kulchur?"
5. The epilogue discusses a man from what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
2. What significance does Grant have in American history, according to Pound?
3. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
4. In what book of "And Therefore Tending" does Pound's view of Aristotle change? How does it change?
5. What makes "Tone" a universal essay?
6. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
7. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
8. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
9. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
10. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)