|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pound waste time studying?
(a) New York.
2. What does Pound say has become a nuisance in various European countries?
(c) Public education.
(d) Amateur philosophy.
3. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
4. In "Neo-Platonicks Etc.," Pound discusses philosophers that followed who?
(a) Neon Nickes.
5. What is religious in "The Proof of the Pudding?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose culture is discussed in "The Promised Land?"
2. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
3. Where does sovereignty rest, according to Pound?
4. According to Pound, everyone is bothered by bad what?
5. How does Pound feel about the philosopher discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two mystical states explained by Pound? How do they affect philosophers?
2. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
3. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
4. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
5. What makes "Tone" a universal essay?
6. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
7. What does Pound argue about liberalism in "Decline of the Adamses"?
8. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
9. In what book of "And Therefore Tending" does Pound's view of Aristotle change? How does it change?
10. What does Pound say matters most, according to "Decline of the Adamses"?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)