|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
2. What habit does America have about history, according to Pound?
(a) Slanting it.
(b) Arguing it.
(c) Ignoring it.
(d) Rewriting it.
3. Pound cites one author as arguing that "Nicomachean Ethics" is a mass of what?
4. "Praise Song of the Buck-Hare" presents a poem written in what year?
5. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. Where were people sent for systemized information in Pound's youth?
3. How does Pound describe the title "Guide to Kulchur?"
4. What opposes the arts, melody, and design?
5. What are men drunk with in philosophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
2. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
3. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
4. What does Pound say matters most, according to "Decline of the Adamses"?
5. What does "Kung" say about Confucius?
6. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
7. What are the two mystical states explained by Pound? How do they affect philosophers?
8. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
9. How does Pound feel about "Guide to Kulchur"? How do you know?
10. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)