|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem in Italy, according to Pound?
(a) Too much power.
(d) Lack of power.
2. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
3. "Praise Song of the Buck-Hare" presents a poem written in what year?
4. The epilogue discusses a man with what occupation?
5. "Arabia Deserta" begins with discussions of old writings that identify high and low what?
(a) Points in history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. Whose "Nicomachean Ethics" does Pound analyze?
3. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
4. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
5. Whose influence does Pound think should be respected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
2. What does Pound say about Plato in "To Recapitulate?"
3. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
4. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
5. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
6. What does "Kung" say about Confucius?
7. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
8. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
9. What does Pound argue about liberalism in "Decline of the Adamses"?
10. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)