|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Italian intellectuals does Pound admire?
2. The epilogue discusses a man from what city?
(b) New York.
3. What is based on ignoble elements?
4. What is infamy and based on ignorance of the nature of money?
(a) The loan system.
(b) The banking system.
(c) The tax system.
(d) The business model.
5. Philosophy leads to the two mystical states of the ecstatic and ______ others.
(a) Sense about.
(b) Goodwill towards.
(c) Connection with.
(d) Oblivion about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose merits does Pound expound on in "Study of Physiognomy?"
2. The enemies of mankind are those who ossify what?
3. What does Pound say has become a nuisance in various European countries?
4. What does Pound say American can learn from?
5. Who does Pound believe is superior to Aristotle?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
2. What significance does Grant have in American history, according to Pound?
3. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
4. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
5. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
6. Explain Pound's famous Cantos.
7. What does "Kung" say about Confucius?
8. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
9. What is the relationship between usury and the arts?
10. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)