|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pound want to write for?
(a) The future leaders.
(c) The cultured.
(d) The average man.
2. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
3. Where does sovereignty rest, according to Pound?
(c) Military might.
4. What essay is the the main title for the subtitle: "Is what you can pick up and/or get in touch with, by talk with the most intelligence men of the period?"
(a) "Time Lag."
(c) "The Novel and So Forth."
(d) "The Culture of an Age."
5. Pound cites one author as arguing that "Nicomachean Ethics" is a mass of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did England's special darkness cause an interruption in?
2. What is is a mere bureaucracy full of hypocrites?
3. What philosopher is discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
4. Pound asks the reader to hesitate in what?
5. What progresses through reviving the old and messing it up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
2. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
3. What is the relationship between usury and the arts?
4. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
5. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
6. Explain Pound's famous Cantos.
7. Why is "And Therefore Tending" such a long essay? What is its purpose?
8. What does pastoral mean? How does Pound use it in "Epilogue?"
9. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
10. According to "Arabia Deserta". what significance does economics have in a culture?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)