|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pound waste time studying?
(d) New York.
2. The first essay in Part IV, Section IX is "Education or ______."
3. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
4. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
5. What happens to civilization when people prefer a small amount of great things to a large amount of average things?
(a) It becomes influential.
(b) It becomes cultured.
(c) It becomes powerful.
(d) It becomes respectable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pound asks the reader to hesitate in what?
2. Hebrews are primitive what?
3. Whose influence does Pound think should be respected?
4. Pound wants people to know that Hadyn is similarly great to whom?
5. What is based on ignoble elements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pound's analysis of Aristotle in "Watch the Beaneries?"
2. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
3. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
4. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
5. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
6. What does Pound say about Protestant parsons in "The Study of Physiognomy"?
7. What does Pound say matters most, according to "Decline of the Adamses"?
8. What are the two mystical states explained by Pound? How do they affect philosophers?
9. What does Pound argue about liberalism in "Decline of the Adamses"?
10. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)