|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Pound not give the first book of the "Nicomachean Ethics" to a young man?
(a) It is poorly written.
(b) It is meant to be read last.
(c) It confuses.
(d) It is incomplete.
2. What is the longest essay of the book?
(a) "And Therefore Tending."
(b) "Pergamena Deest."
(c) "Study of Physiognomy."
(d) "Watch the Beaners."
3. Whose culture is discussed in "The Promised Land?"
4. Where does sovereignty rest, according to Pound?
(a) Military might.
5. Pound rejects the view that who should not study moral philosophy?
(a) The young.
(b) College students.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Praise Song of the Buck-Hare" presents a poem written in what year?
2. What is based on ignoble elements?
3. Who have asked for almost no freedoms save to commit acts contrary to the general good?
4. The enemies of mankind are those who ossify what?
5. What roots were the Church fathers lifted from?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)