|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to civilization when people prefer a small amount of great things to a large amount of average things?
(a) It becomes influential.
(b) It becomes respectable.
(c) It becomes cultured.
(d) It becomes powerful.
2. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
3. What area of writing is the focus of "The Promised Land?"
(a) English verse.
(d) Wilde's drama.
4. Whose culture is discussed in "The Promised Land?"
5. What philosopher is discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is is a mere bureaucracy full of hypocrites?
2. What organization does Pound criticize in "Government?"
3. How does Pound describe the title "Guide to Kulchur?"
4. How many essays does Pound suggest the reader actually read?
5. What is the problem in Italy, according to Pound?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)