|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is religious in "The Proof of the Pudding?"
2. How many pages of notes did Pound use in writing "And Therefore Tending?"
3. In "Neo-Platonicks Etc.," Pound discusses philosophers that followed who?
(d) Neon Nickes.
4. What roots were the Church fathers lifted from?
5. British observers have had a tone of disgust since when?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Henry VIII.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. How does Pound feel about the philosopher discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
3. What is infamy and based on ignorance of the nature of money?
4. With what discussion does Pound open "The Recurring Decimal?"
5. What philosopher is discussed in "To Recapitulate?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about Communism in "The Proof of the Pudding"?
2. What significance does Grant have in American history, according to Pound?
3. What does "Odes: Risks" explain about Confucian teaching?
4. What losses does the essay "Losses" refer to?
5. What does Pound say about culture in "On Arriving and Not Arriving"?
6. What makes "Tone" a universal essay?
7. What three institutions are seen in the world, according to "Recapitulate"?
8. What is the subtitle of "The Culture of an Age"? What does it reveal about Pound and the essay?
9. In what book of "And Therefore Tending" does Pound's view of Aristotle change? How does it change?
10. What did Mussolini say about poetry? What does Pound think of this?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)