|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does the author discuss in "Monumental?"
(a) "The Metamorphosis."
(b) "The Waste Land."
2. Pound describes the "Tempio Malatestiano" as both an apex and a(n) ______.
3. How many pages is "Monumental?"
4. What philosopher is the subject of the first essay in Section I?
(a) Lao Tzu.
5. What country's textbooks are addressed in "Textbooks?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
2. What do bilingual classics tests and microfiche editions of music help?
3. Who does Pound say was wise to oppose usury?
4. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
5. After Liebniz, professional philosophers are just ______ blokes, according to Pound.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pound say about old philosophy in comparison to men of his age in "Totalitarian?"
2. What is usury? How does Pound relate usury to rulers of people?
3. What is Montessori education?
4. Where did Pound work that contributed to his view of clerics? What is his view of clerics?
5. Why does Pound say Jefferson was wise in "Human Wishes?"
6. What does "Guide to Kulchur: Part One" say about things that cannot be understood? How does this apply to philosophy?
7. According to Pound, why do people write?
8. How do the ideas of examination of conscience and the decline of culture fit together in Pound's "Tradition?"
9. How does Pound feel about "The New Learning?"
10. What does "Vortex" say about sculpture?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)