|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pound believe is NOT a cold subject?
2. What is said of the intellect of the man discussed in the epilogue?
3. What essay is the the main title for the subtitle: "Is what you can pick up and/or get in touch with, by talk with the most intelligence men of the period?"
(a) "The Novel and So Forth."
(c) "The Culture of an Age."
(d) "Time Lag."
4. The epilogue discusses a man by what name?
5. What does Pound say has become a nuisance in various European countries?
(b) Public education.
(c) Amateur philosophy.
6. Who does Pound believe is superior to Aristotle?
7. British observers have had a tone of disgust since when?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) Henry VIII.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Queen Anne.
8. England after what suffered from a special darkness?
(a) World War II.
(c) Little Big Horn.
(d) World War I.
9. How does Pound describe the title "Guide to Kulchur?"
10. What is infamy and based on ignorance of the nature of money?
(a) The banking system.
(b) The business model.
(c) The loan system.
(d) The tax system.
11. What does Pound say American can learn from?
(a) Chinese history.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) European education models.
(d) The Constitution.
12. What author is addressed at the beginning of "Study of Physiognomy?"
13. How many essays does Pound suggest the reader actually read?
(c) A few.
14. How does Pound describe most Protestant parsons?
15. The first essay in Part IV, Section IX is "Education or ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Pound wants people to know that Hadyn is similarly great to whom?
2. According to Pound, everyone is bothered by bad what?
3. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
4. What is the problem in Italy, according to Pound?
5. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)