|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pound lament the decline of in "Zweck or the Aim?"
(a) Home education.
(b) Liberal arts education.
(c) Classical education.
(d) One-room schoolhouses.
2. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
(a) Pope John Paul II.
3. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
(a) Smallest vibrations.
(b) Highest noises.
(c) Largest combination of frequencies.
(d) Lowest noises.
4. Who does the author claim was a great man in "Values?"
5. According to Pound, what nation is not civilized?
6. When the author presents examples in "Aeschylus and ...," what does he say he is doing?
(a) Practical application.
(b) "Show, don't tell."
(c) Life experience demonstrations (LEDs).
(d) Aesthetic criticism.
7. What kind of minds are of great value, especially in a rotted milieu?
8. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
(a) New learning.
(b) New religion.
(c) New philosophy.
(d) New culture.
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
10. What author does the author deal with in "Monumental?"
(a) James Joyce.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Franz Kafka.
11. What does the author say about borrowing money?
(a) It is a bad idea.
(b) It will not happen ten years from now.
(c) It is a necessary evil.
(d) It is commonplace.
12. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(a) A course of intense study.
(b) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
(d) Examination of consciousness.
13. What science is addressed in "Kulchur: Part One?"
14. Who must cut corners, according to "Kulchur: Part One?"
(a) Governmental rulers.
(b) Military rulers.
15. "Savoir Faire" begins by asking what we mean to do when we ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose financial situation does the author discuss?
2. Civilization involves a sound balance of what?
3. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
4. What important structures are discussed in "Examples of Civilization?"
5. What is usury?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)