|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Addenda: 1952, As Sextant, Introductory Textbook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Pound claim he did not comment on?
(a) Catholic Catechism.
(b) The American Constitution.
(c) "The Waste Land."
(d) "Magna Moralia."
2. What opposes the arts, melody, and design?
(c) The Victorian Age.
(d) The Industrial Age.
3. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
4. What is one measure of civilization?
(a) Its hopes.
(b) Its government.
(c) Its behavior toward families.
(d) Its fears.
5. What author does the author deal with in "Monumental?"
(a) James Joyce.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Franz Kafka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is is a mere bureaucracy full of hypocrites?
2. What author does Pound say is discussed enough, but not often read as a poet?
3. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
4. What science is addressed in "Kulchur: Part One?"
5. How does Pound describe "And Therefore Tending?"
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)