|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Addenda: 1952, As Sextant, Introductory Textbook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
2. What happens to civilization when people prefer a small amount of great things to a large amount of average things?
(a) It becomes powerful.
(b) It becomes respectable.
(c) It becomes influential.
(d) It becomes cultured.
3. What is is a mere bureaucracy full of hypocrites?
(a) The Church of Rome.
(b) The English Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Baptist Church.
4. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
5. Who was the grandfather of Descartes?
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Francis of Assisi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Pound claim he did not comment on?
2. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
3. What type of work is "Heaulmiere" from?
4. Who have asked for almost no freedoms save to commit acts contrary to the general good?
5. Who must cut corners, according to "Kulchur: Part One?"
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)