|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, Section XII, Study of Physiognomy, And Therefore Tending, Pergamena Deest, Watch the Beaners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. According to Pound, what nation is not civilized?
3. Whose "Nicomachean Ethics" does Pound analyze?
4. What does Pound discuss at the beginning of "Sparta 776 B.C.?"
(a) Government in the ancient period.
(b) War in the ancient period.
(c) Money in the ancient period.
(d) Philosophy in the ancient period.
5. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose merits does Pound expound on in "Study of Physiognomy?"
2. What author is addressed at the beginning of "Study of Physiognomy?"
3. What aspect of Greek epics have been given insufficient attention, according to Pound?
4. With what discussion does Pound open "The Recurring Decimal?"
5. How does real knowledge go into men, according to the author?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)