|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, Section XII, Study of Physiognomy, And Therefore Tending, Pergamena Deest, Watch the Beaners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(b) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(c) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(d) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
2. What author does Pound say is discussed enough, but not often read as a poet?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
3. Whose financial situation does the author discuss?
4. How does Pound describe "And Therefore Tending?"
(a) An ode.
(b) An educational essay.
(c) A brochure.
(d) A mission statement.
5. What are men drunk with in philosophy?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first essay in Part IV, Section IX is "Education or ______."
2. What aspect of Greek epics have been given insufficient attention, according to Pound?
3. Whose autobiography has a lag between his death in 1861 and its publication in 1920?
4. How many essays are contained in Section I?
5. What percentage of the time should one not respond to criticisms of one's artwork?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)