|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Section X, Government, The Recurring Decimal, Decline of the Adamses, Royalty and All That.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose autobiography has a lag between his death in 1861 and its publication in 1920?
(a) Van Buren.
2. How many essays are in Part IV, Section VII?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
4. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
5. What does the author say about borrowing money?
(a) It is commonplace.
(b) It is a bad idea.
(c) It is a necessary evil.
(d) It will not happen ten years from now.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Aeschylus and ..." the author discusses the triumph of ______ over ______ in culture.
2. Civilization involves a sound balance of what?
3. What country's textbooks are addressed in "Textbooks?"
4. What is usury?
5. In whose work does the idea of the vortex lie?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)