|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Section X, Government, The Recurring Decimal, Decline of the Adamses, Royalty and All That.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay is noted by the author to be dry, but that something worthwhile can come from reading it?
(a) "Digest of the Analects."
(b) "The New Learning Part One."
(d) "Sparta 776 B.C."
2. Which sort of ideas are the men of today almost exclusively concerned with, according to Pound?
(a) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(b) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
3. What important structures are discussed in "Examples of Civilization?"
4. "Zweck or the Aim" argues that the point of writing is to what?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Record a culture's history for future generations.
(c) Reveal the whole subject from a new angle.
(d) Share human experience.
5. What does Pound say "suits monkeys?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Section VII, Pound discusses "The ______ of Human Wishes".
2. What country's textbooks are addressed in "Textbooks?"
3. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
4. Since when has American been imbecilic, according to Pound?
5. After Liebniz, professional philosophers are just ______ blokes, according to Pound.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)