|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Section X, Government, The Recurring Decimal, Decline of the Adamses, Royalty and All That.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many essays are contained in Section I?
2. In "Aeschylus and ..." the author discusses the triumph of ______ over ______ in culture.
(a) Detail; meaning.
(b) Spirituality; history.
(c) Meaning; detail.
(d) History; spirituality.
3. "Italy" argues that a vast civilization is contained within a few hundred Italian what?
4. What does Pound lament the decline of from the 19th century?
5. What kind of piece is "Guide to Kulchur?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second essay in Part IV, Section VII?
2. What does Pound lament the decline of in "Zweck or the Aim?"
3. Civilization involves a sound balance of what?
4. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
5. What does the author say about borrowing money?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)