|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Section VII, Maxims of Prudence, Human Wishes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualifies Pound to give the advice he does in "Maxims of Prudence?"
(a) His education.
(b) His religion.
(c) HIs political affiliation.
(d) His age.
2. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(b) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(c) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(d) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
3. What does the author say about borrowing money?
(a) It will not happen ten years from now.
(b) It is a necessary evil.
(c) It is a bad idea.
(d) It is commonplace.
4. What did the author experience after finishing the book addressed in "Monumental?"
5. In "March 12th," who gives serious answers to serious questions?
(a) The civilized man.
(b) The educated man.
(c) The philosopher.
(d) Government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
2. Who does Pound say people should not consult with?
3. Whose financial situation does the author discuss?
4. Where does Pound reveal he worked in "The New Learning: Part Two?"
5. What is one measure of civilization?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)