|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Section VII, Maxims of Prudence, Human Wishes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
2. Whose new "London" does Pound discuss?
(a) Dr. Spock's.
(b) Alfred, Lord Tennyson's.
(c) Dr. Johnson's.
(d) T. S. Eliot's.
3. What is the first sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(b) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(c) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
4. What is one measure of civilization?
(a) Its government.
(b) Its fears.
(c) Its hopes.
(d) Its behavior toward families.
5. The author argues that real knowledge does not jump from where to where?
(a) The mind to the page.
(b) The page to the mind.
(c) The pen to the stage.
(d) The mind to the pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Aeschylus and ..." the author discusses the triumph of ______ over ______ in culture.
2. Pound describes the "Tempio Malatestiano" as both an apex and a(n) ______.
3. What science is addressed in "Kulchur: Part One?"
4. What book does the author discuss in "Monumental?"
5. According to Pound, what nation is not civilized?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)