|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Section VII, Maxims of Prudence, Human Wishes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer does the author comment on in "Kulchur: Part Two?"
2. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
(a) Annus Horribilius.
(b) Quadrigesimo Anno.
(c) Summorum Pontificum.
(d) Anglicanorum Coetibus.
3. In whose work does the idea of the vortex lie?
4. Which sort of ideas are the men of today almost exclusively concerned with, according to Pound?
(a) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(b) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
5. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
(a) It brings newness to different readers.
(b) It shares a new voice in the human experience.
(c) It keeps the historical timeline pure.
(d) It dispells lies and rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
2. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
3. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
4. What essay is noted by the author to be dry, but that something worthwhile can come from reading it?
5. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)