|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section VI, Savoir Faire, The New Learning: Part Two, Examples of Civilization, Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many essays are contained in Section I?
2. What is one measure of civilization?
(a) Its government.
(b) Its hopes.
(c) Its behavior toward families.
(d) Its fears.
3. What philosopher is the subject of the first essay in Section I?
(a) Lao Tzu.
4. The first essay in Section I is called "______ of the Analects."
5. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(b) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author argues that real knowledge does not jump from where to where?
2. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
3. What is the first essay in Section II?
4. "Zweck or the Aim" argues that the point of writing is to what?
5. What type of education does the author address in "The History of Philosophy Is ...?"
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)