|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section VI, Savoir Faire, The New Learning: Part Two, Examples of Civilization, Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civilization involves a sound balance of what?
(c) Arts and science.
2. What was the focus of Rome, according to "Sparta 776 B.C.?"
(a) The government.
(b) The military.
(c) The social.
(d) The spiritual.
3. According to Pound, all men should be able to combine the practical and ______.
(a) The physical.
(b) The philosophical.
(c) The psychosomatic.
(d) The psychological.
4. What percentage of the time should one not respond to criticisms of one's artwork?
5. What did the author experience after finishing the book addressed in "Monumental?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author walking through a range of different artists in "Guide?"
2. In "The History of Philosophy Is ...?" the author notes that many philosophers tried to understand the world totally apart from what?
3. What author does the author deal with in "Monumental?"
4. In "Kulchur: Part Two," the author denies that knowledge is what?
5. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)