|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section VI, Savoir Faire, The New Learning: Part Two, Examples of Civilization, Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do bilingual classics tests and microfiche editions of music help?
(a) Personal creativity.
(b) Expression of culture.
(c) Understanding of culture.
(d) The new learning.
2. In "The History of Philosophy Is ...?" the author notes that many philosophers tried to understand the world totally apart from what?
3. Who is the author walking through a range of different artists in "Guide?"
(b) The uneducated.
(d) The products of American artists.
4. Who was the grandfather of Descartes?
(c) Francis of Assisi.
(d) Thomas More.
5. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
(a) New learning.
(b) New philosophy.
(c) New religion.
(d) New culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ancient Chinese sculpture had a vortex of intense ______.
2. How many pages is "Italy?"
3. What book does the author discuss in "Monumental?"
4. The author says discoveries are made by men who can what?
5. The author ends "The History of Philosophy Is ...?" with the claim that discoveries are made by whom?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)