|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section VI, Savoir Faire, The New Learning: Part Two, Examples of Civilization, Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
(a) New philosophy.
(b) New learning.
(c) New religion.
(d) New culture.
2. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
(a) Highest noises.
(b) Smallest vibrations.
(c) Lowest noises.
(d) Largest combination of frequencies.
3. Who is commended in "The History of Philosophy Is ...?"
4. When the author presents examples in "Aeschylus and ...," what does he say he is doing?
(a) Practical application.
(b) Aesthetic criticism.
(c) Life experience demonstrations (LEDs).
(d) "Show, don't tell."
5. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The first essay in Section I is called "______ of the Analects."
2. Ancient Chinese sculpture had a vortex of intense ______.
3. What is the first essay in Section II?
4. According to the author, what survives because it is rooted in the idea of human universality?
5. What kind of minds are of great value, especially in a rotted milieu?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)