|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Section III, Guide, Italy, Aeschylus and ..., Monumental, Section IV, The History of Philosophy is ...?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial focus of "Ici Je Teste?"
(a) European education models.
(b) American history.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) Aquinas and Descartes.
2. Who is the author of "Guide to Kulchur"?
(a) W. E. B. DuBois.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Ezra Pound.
3. What book does the author discuss in "Monumental?"
(c) "The Waste Land."
(d) "The Metamorphosis."
4. Who was the grandfather of Descartes?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) Francis of Assisi.
5. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(b) A course of intense study.
(c) Examination of consciousness.
(d) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Italy" argues that a vast civilization is contained within a few hundred Italian what?
2. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
3. Ancient Chinese sculpture had a vortex of intense ______.
4. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
5. What essay is noted by the author to be dry, but that something worthwhile can come from reading it?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)