|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Section III, Guide, Italy, Aeschylus and ..., Monumental, Section IV, The History of Philosophy is ...?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
(c) Pope John Paul II.
2. According to Pound, what century involves much cultural decline?
(a) The 19th.
(b) The 18th.
(c) The 20th.
(d) The 17th.
3. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
(a) Lowest noises.
(b) Highest noises.
(c) Largest combination of frequencies.
(d) Smallest vibrations.
4. What makes many great Greek tragedies boring, according to the author?
(a) Translations of translations.
(b) Detailed translation.
(c) Attention to meaning above all else.
(d) Unrelatable storylines.
5. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(a) A course of intense study.
(b) Examination of consciousness.
(d) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first essay in Section II?
2. What type of education does the author address in "The History of Philosophy Is ...?"
3. How many essays are contained in Section I?
4. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
5. "Italy" argues that a vast civilization is contained within a few hundred Italian what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)