|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Section III, Guide, Italy, Aeschylus and ..., Monumental, Section IV, The History of Philosophy is ...?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes many great Greek tragedies boring, according to the author?
(a) Attention to meaning above all else.
(b) Unrelatable storylines.
(c) Translations of translations.
(d) Detailed translation.
2. Who is the author walking through a range of different artists in "Guide?"
(a) The uneducated.
(d) The products of American artists.
3. What is the initial focus of "Ici Je Teste?"
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Aquinas and Descartes.
(c) European education models.
(d) American history.
4. Who was the grandfather of Descartes?
(a) Francis of Assisi.
(c) Thomas More.
5. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(b) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosopher is the subject of the first essay in Section I?
2. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
3. The moderns have a vortex of will and ______.
4. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
5. How many essays are contained in Section II?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)