|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Section II, Vortex, Great Bass, Ici Je Teste, Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(a) A course of intense study.
(b) Examination of consciousness.
(c) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
2. In whose work does the idea of the vortex lie?
3. What does Pound lament the decline of in "Zweck or the Aim?"
(a) Liberal arts education.
(b) One-room schoolhouses.
(c) Classical education.
(d) Home education.
4. The moderns have a vortex of will and ______.
(d) Free thought.
5. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(b) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Rome, according to "Sparta 776 B.C.?"
2. According to Pound, who was the last of the philosophers to really "get hold of something" and among the last to worry about reconciling churches?
3. According to Pound, what century involves much cultural decline?
4. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
5. Who was the grandfather of Descartes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)