|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Section II, Vortex, Great Bass, Ici Je Teste, Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(b) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
(c) Examination of consciousness.
(d) A course of intense study.
2. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
3. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
(a) Largest combination of frequencies.
(b) Highest noises.
(c) Lowest noises.
(d) Smallest vibrations.
4. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
(a) New learning.
(b) New culture.
(c) New religion.
(d) New philosophy.
5. According to Pound, what century involves much cultural decline?
(a) The 18th.
(b) The 20th.
(c) The 19th.
(d) The 17th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
2. The moderns have a vortex of will and ______.
3. What essay is noted by the author to be dry, but that something worthwhile can come from reading it?
4. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
5. According to Pound, all men should be able to combine the practical and ______.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)