|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Section II, Vortex, Great Bass, Ici Je Teste, Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
(a) Summorum Pontificum.
(b) Quadrigesimo Anno.
(c) Annus Horribilius.
(d) Anglicanorum Coetibus.
2. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
(a) It shares a new voice in the human experience.
(b) It dispells lies and rumors.
(c) It brings newness to different readers.
(d) It keeps the historical timeline pure.
3. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
4. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
5. After Liebniz, professional philosophers are just ______ blokes, according to Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pound, who was the last of the philosophers to really "get hold of something" and among the last to worry about reconciling churches?
2. According to Pound, what century involves much cultural decline?
3. "Zweck or the Aim" argues that the point of writing is to what?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
5. How many essays are contained in Section II?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)