|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Section II, Vortex, Great Bass, Ici Je Teste, Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay is noted by the author to be dry, but that something worthwhile can come from reading it?
(a) "Sparta 776 B.C."
(b) "The New Learning Part One."
(c) "Digest of the Analects."
2. How many essays are contained in Section I?
3. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(b) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
4. What program of Pound's will bring ideas to everyone and all will know their positions?
(a) New religion.
(b) New culture.
(c) New learning.
(d) New philosophy.
5. Who is the author of "Guide to Kulchur"?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) W. E. B. DuBois.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) T. S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
2. In whose work does the idea of the vortex lie?
3. What philosopher is the subject of the first essay in Section I?
4. The first essay in Section I is called "______ of the Analects."
5. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)