|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Section II, Vortex, Great Bass, Ici Je Teste, Tradition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pound, what century involves much cultural decline?
(a) The 19th.
(b) The 18th.
(c) The 20th.
(d) The 17th.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the important modes of thought discussed in "Ici Je Teste?"
3. "Zweck or the Aim" argues that the point of writing is to what?
(a) Reveal the whole subject from a new angle.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Record a culture's history for future generations.
(d) Share human experience.
4. What length best describes the essays in Section I?
5. According to Pound, who was the last of the philosophers to really "get hold of something" and among the last to worry about reconciling churches?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Guide to Kulchur"?
2. In which direction was the culture of Christian medieval?
3. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
4. What philosopher is the subject of the first essay in Section I?
5. What was the focus of Rome, according to "Sparta 776 B.C.?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)