|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, Section XII, Study of Physiognomy, And Therefore Tending, Pergamena Deest, Watch the Beaners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does the author deal with in "Monumental?"
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
2. Who is the author walking through a range of different artists in "Guide?"
(a) The products of American artists.
(c) The uneducated.
3. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
4. Which sort of ideas are the men of today almost exclusively concerned with, according to Pound?
(a) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
(b) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
5. The author ends "The History of Philosophy Is ...?" with the claim that discoveries are made by whom?
(a) Gluttons and addicts.
(b) Uneducated and the unenlightened.
(c) The studious.
(d) The lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. The enemies of mankind are those who ossify what?
2. What kind of piece is "Guide to Kulchur?"
3. In what year does the author claim that a bloke with small means could still see the best of Europe?
4. What does the author see as swiftness in a given field?
5. What is not yet rotted by "usury" or the practice of making money from money?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)