|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI, Section XII, Study of Physiognomy, And Therefore Tending, Pergamena Deest, Watch the Beaners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
(a) It dispells lies and rumors.
(b) It keeps the historical timeline pure.
(c) It brings newness to different readers.
(d) It shares a new voice in the human experience.
2. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
3. Who does Pound briefly attack in "Royalty and All That?"
4. In "The History of Philosophy Is ...?" the author notes that many philosophers tried to understand the world totally apart from what?
5. Why would Pound not give the first book of the "Nicomachean Ethics" to a young man?
(a) It is incomplete.
(b) It confuses.
(c) It is meant to be read last.
(d) It is poorly written.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pound discuss at the beginning of "Sparta 776 B.C.?"
2. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
3. Who does the author claim was a great man in "Values?"
4. How many essays are in Part IV, Section VII?
5. What is one measure of civilization?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)