|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section V, Values, Europe or the Setting, Sophists, Kulchur: Part One, Kulchur Part Two, March 12th, Textbooks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requirement for confirmation in Christianity does Pound lament in the essay "Tradition?"
(b) Examination of consciousness.
(c) A course of intense study.
(d) Allegience to an outdated religious model.
2. What types of artists are the subject of the author's observations in "Guide?"
(b) Performance artists.
(c) Installation artists.
3. What is the second sort of idea addressed in "The New Learning Part One?"
(a) Ideas that are meant to lead culture to evolve.
(b) Ideas that exist and are discussed in a vacuum.
(c) Ideas that do not actually exist.
(d) Ideas that guide action and serve as rules of conduct.
4. What composer does the author comment on in "Kulchur: Part Two?"
5. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about borrowing money?
2. What recent social encyclical comments on economic matters?
3. What did the moderns conquer?
4. The first essay in Section I is called "______ of the Analects."
5. In what year does the author claim that a bloke with small means could still see the best of Europe?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)