|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Section V, Values, Europe or the Setting, Sophists, Kulchur: Part One, Kulchur Part Two, March 12th, Textbooks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will newness NOT be missed?
(a) Daily newspapers.
(c) Public education.
(d) Family oral traditions.
2. What composer does the author comment on in "Kulchur: Part Two?"
3. What is the initial focus of "Ici Je Teste?"
(a) American history.
(b) European education models.
(c) Aquinas and Descartes.
(d) The Catholic Church.
4. According to the author, what survives because it is rooted in the idea of human universality?
5. What is compared to culture in the essay "Vortex?"
Short Answer Questions
1. "Italy" argues that a vast civilization is contained within a few hundred Italian what?
2. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
3. "Great Bass: Part One" focuses on the ______ an ear can hear.
4. Why is a new angle useful in writing?
5. How many pages is "Monumental?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)