|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Section IX, Education or Information, Neo-Platonicks Etc., Losses, Odes: Risks, Great Bass: Part Two, Tone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first essay in Section II?
(a) "Great Bass."
(c) "Ici Je Teste."
2. The first essay in Part IV, Section IX is "Education or ______."
3. In Part IV, Section VII, Pound discusses "The ______ of Human Wishes".
4. According to Pound, who was the last of the philosophers to really "get hold of something" and among the last to worry about reconciling churches?
5. Who does Pound say people should not consult with?
(a) Lazy men.
(b) Fussy men.
(c) Small men.
(d) Large, busy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes many great Greek tragedies boring, according to the author?
2. What important structures are discussed in "Examples of Civilization?"
3. What is not yet rotted by "usury" or the practice of making money from money?
4. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
5. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)