|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Section IX, Education or Information, Neo-Platonicks Etc., Losses, Odes: Risks, Great Bass: Part Two, Tone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the moderns conquer?
(a) Spiritual open-mindedness.
(b) Philosophical discourse.
(c) Economic stability.
(d) Material reality.
2. How does real knowledge go into men, according to the author?
(a) In tidbits.
(b) From birth.
(c) Through experience.
(d) All at once.
3. What is the second essay in Part IV, Section VII?
(a) "Maxims of Prudence."
(b) "Human Wishes."
(c) "Guide to Kulchur."
(d) "Ici, Je Teste."
4. What qualifies Pound to give the advice he does in "Maxims of Prudence?"
(a) His education.
(b) His age.
(c) His religion.
(d) HIs political affiliation.
5. How many pages is "Italy?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What universities does Pound discuss in the first essay in Part IV, Section IX?
2. How many essays are in Part IV, Section VII?
3. What of Pound's is rebuked in "Human Wishes?"
4. Whose ideas must the Catholic Church take seriously in order revive?
5. "Savoir Faire" begins by asking what we mean to do when we ______.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)