|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Section XI, Arabia Deserta, Kung, Chaucer Was Framed?, Happy Days, The Promised Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Kulchur: Part Two," the author denies that knowledge is what?
2. Whose poetry does Pound want people to appreciate?
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Samuel Johnson.
(c) George Gordon, Lord Byron.
(d) William Blake.
3. "Europe or The Setting" opens with a discussion of European what?
4. Whose financial situation does the author discuss?
5. Civilization involves a sound balance of what?
(c) Arts and science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about borrowing money?
2. According to the author, what survives because it is rooted in the idea of human universality?
3. What does Pound say American can learn from?
4. Who does the author claim was a great man in "Values?"
5. What science is addressed in "Kulchur: Part One?"
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)