|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should constantly shift location within the guerrilla organization according to Guevara?
2. Following the Cuban Revolution, Guevara served as ___________ director for Cuba's armed forces.
3. At the early stages of the guerrilla war, training will primarily consist of what?
4. What refers to a sociopolitical movement that aims for a classless and stateless society structured upon common ownership of the means of production, free access to articles of consumption, the end of wage labor and private property?
5. Guevara cites a Chinese aphorism which states, "Know yourself and your adversary and you will be able to fight a hundred battles without a single _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. How should the revolutionary army seek to protect itself against counter-revolutionaries, according to Guevara?
2. What is propaganda? How many kinds does Guevara discuss?
3. How does Guevara distinguish the guerrilla army from that of a regular army?
4. What will the bulk of training new recruits consist of, according to Guevara? What is incorporated as the movement progresses?
5. What created the greatest unrest among the old regime after Castro's rise to power? Why?
6. What establishments are important to develop once extensive zones of operation are established?
7. What is the internal civil organization of a guerrilla movement responsible for?
8. What does Guevara write of the role of women in guerrilla movements?
9. What skill does Guevara insist training begin with? Why?
10. What changes took place after Fidel Castro's rise to power, as described in the Epilogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the organization, strategy and tactics of the guerrilla army in comparison to that of a national military. How are they organized similarly? What differences exist?
Essay Topic 2
What is the principle tactic of the guerrilla force in combat? How does the guerrilla have advantages over the enemy using this tactic?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the importance of "the ideal" as described in the text. Is the ideal for Guevara tied to Marxism? Is the ideal relative to agrarian reform?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)