|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the familiar name of the Cuban agency formed to institute the Agrarian Reform Law?
2. Guevara states that women are also instrumental in organizing what to help the revolution?
3. Guevara writes that the national revolution of Cuba was fundamentally what?
4. Following the Cuban Revolution, Guevara performed a number of key roles in the new government included instituting agrarian reform as minister of what?
5. Within the propaganda organization there should be periodicals aimed at whom, according to Guevara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the aim of the bulk of reform under Castro's regime?
2. How does dedication protect the revolution, according to Guevara?
3. What state-run organizations did Castro install in Cuba? How were old laws regarded?
4. What does Guevara close with in the Epilogue regarding his vision for the future?
5. What does Guevara write of the role of women in guerrilla movements?
6. How does Guevara distinguish the guerrilla army from that of a regular army?
7. How should the revolutionary army seek to protect itself against counter-revolutionaries, according to Guevara?
8. What is external propaganda? How does Guevara believe it should be spread?
9. How does training progress throughout the guerrilla movement, according to Guevara?
10. What skill does Guevara insist training begin with? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term "propaganda" and identify its use within a guerrilla movement. What is the goal of propaganda?
Essay Topic 2
What three principles of guerrilla warfare does Guevara describe as having been lessons of the Cuban Revolution? Give examples of how these principles are exemplified in the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the war zones of two different military operations in history, examining each from the perspective of the guerrilla fighter. Which war zones have proven to be the most advantageous to revolutionary forces in the past? Why?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)