|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guevara states that women are also instrumental in organizing what to help the revolution?
2. The external branch of the revolution must function how?
3. What does Guevara refer to those individuals in intelligence which, pretending to be on the side of the enemy soldiers, instill instability by spreading discouraging information?
4. What item does Guevara express is absolutely as essential to the guerrilla as are proper weapons and ammunition?
5. What term refers to exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state-run organizations did Castro install in Cuba? How were old laws regarded?
2. What does Guevara suggest being undertaken once the volunteer level is sufficient?
3. How does Guevara broach the subject of the screening of recruits?
4. What establishments are important to develop once extensive zones of operation are established?
5. How does Guevara define sabotage? How does it differ from terrorism?
6. What guidelines does Guevara instill for supply lines for the guerrilla forces?
7. What will the bulk of training new recruits consist of, according to Guevara? What is incorporated as the movement progresses?
8. With how few men is it possible to begin a revolution, according to Guevara? Where are headquarters and arms located in the movement?
9. What is propaganda? How many kinds does Guevara discuss?
10. What does Guevara write of the role of women in guerrilla movements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the life of Ernesto Che Guevara. How did Guevara come to be a revolutionary? In what capacity was he involved in the Cuban Revolution? How did he die?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "propaganda" and identify its use within a guerrilla movement. What is the goal of propaganda?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the war zones of two different military operations in history, examining each from the perspective of the guerrilla fighter. Which war zones have proven to be the most advantageous to revolutionary forces in the past? Why?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)