|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guevara notes that peasants, not accustomed to precise battle language, have a strong tendency to do what?
2. The first type of sabotage defined by Guevara is sabotage on a national scale against what?
3. Guevara writes that "what ought never to be done is to employ specially trained, heroic, self-sacrificing human beings in eliminating a" what?
4. Guevara writes that all efforts should be made to, eventually, determine recruits' background to make sure they are not what?
5. The two fundamental industries that are needed for the revolution are arms making and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What guidelines does Guevara instill for supply lines for the guerrilla forces?
2. How is strategic sabotage used in the war zone? How is tactical sabotage implemented?
3. How does training progress throughout the guerrilla movement, according to Guevara?
4. What are the needs for medical personnel in the war zone? How does this expand with the movement?
5. How should the revolutionary army seek to protect itself against counter-revolutionaries, according to Guevara?
6. What skill does Guevara insist training begin with? Why?
7. What establishments are important to develop once extensive zones of operation are established?
8. With how few men is it possible to begin a revolution, according to Guevara? Where are headquarters and arms located in the movement?
9. How does Guevara broach the subject of the screening of recruits?
10. What is intelligence? How important is intelligence for the guerrilla movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the early stages of the guerrilla movement in Cuba. Where did the movement begin in Cuba? How does Fidel Castro represent the ideal leader for a revolution according to Guevara's definition?
Essay Topic 2
What three principles of guerrilla warfare does Guevara describe as having been lessons of the Cuban Revolution? Give examples of how these principles are exemplified in the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "sabotage" and identify how it is a useful tool in a guerrilla movement. How does sabotage differ from terrorism?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)