|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guevara notes that "Bridges can be attacked with dynamite; if there is no dynamite, those made of steel can be made to fall very easily with" what?
2. Guevara states that women are also instrumental in organizing what to help the revolution?
3. What industry does Guevara state will be centered all labor connected with the equipping of the mules, such as making their shoes?
4. Within the army violations of discipline must be punished how?
5. Guevara writes, "In the normal course of events in guerrilla warfare another stage is reached that could be called "_____." In it there are encampments, more or less frequented by the guerrilla troops..."
Short Essay Questions
1. What is intelligence? How important is intelligence for the guerrilla movement?
2. What created the greatest unrest among the old regime after Castro's rise to power? Why?
3. What skill does Guevara insist training begin with? Why?
4. What must be done initially once victory is ensured against the enemy, according to Guevara?
5. What industries are important in addition to the two essential ones Guevara discusses? Why?
6. What was the aim of the bulk of reform under Castro's regime?
7. What is key in beginning a successful revolution, according to Guevara in the appendices?
8. What is external propaganda? How does Guevara believe it should be spread?
9. What guidelines does Guevara instill for supply lines for the guerrilla forces?
10. How does Guevara distinguish the guerrilla army from that of a regular army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the principle tactic of the guerrilla force in combat? How does the guerrilla have advantages over the enemy using this tactic?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the guerrilla and the peasants. Why is the peasants' support always in question, according to Guevara?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "propaganda" and identify its use within a guerrilla movement. What is the goal of propaganda?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)