|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guevara writes that, "in the third stage, when there are zones invulnerable to the enemy, a true _________ is constructed."
2. What term refers to exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market?
3. Guevara writes that a publication for the countryside should bring to the peasant class a message from their companions in all the free zones who have already felt the beneficial effects of what?
4. Guevara states that besides serving as combatants, women are indispensable for cooking good meals and for transporting what?
5. Guevara notes that communications by road can be completely paralyzed by the adequate employment of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skill does Guevara insist training begin with? Why?
2. What state-run organizations did Castro install in Cuba? How were old laws regarded?
3. How does Guevara define sabotage? How does it differ from terrorism?
4. What are the needs for medical personnel in the war zone? How does this expand with the movement?
5. What is intelligence? How important is intelligence for the guerrilla movement?
6. What was the aim of the bulk of reform under Castro's regime?
7. What industries are important in addition to the two essential ones Guevara discusses? Why?
8. How does training progress throughout the guerrilla movement, according to Guevara?
9. With how few men is it possible to begin a revolution, according to Guevara? Where are headquarters and arms located in the movement?
10. What establishments are important to develop once extensive zones of operation are established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the early stages of the guerrilla movement in Cuba. Where did the movement begin in Cuba? How does Fidel Castro represent the ideal leader for a revolution according to Guevara's definition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one example of revolution in history and discussing where the movement for revolt originated. How do revolutions which are begun in the city differ from those borne of the countryside?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the structure of the internal civil wing of a guerrilla movement. What is the civil organization responsible for? To whom do they report? What is a council of justice implemented to enforce and how?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)