|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the head commander of a guerrilla column and will have up to 150 men under his command as well as several captains and lieutenants under him?
2. What refers to a kind of wall or roof that can shelter men in a defensive position during a firefight?
3. The guerrilla must be careful to defend roads and other avenues of reinforcement so that his band will not be what?
4. The guerrilla fighter operates principally when, according to Guevara?
5. Each squad and the members of each squad carry what with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guevara write of concerns of ammunition in battle? How does this dictate strikes?
2. What basic equipment do guerrilla soldiers carry with them?
3. How does Che Guevara define the guerrilla fighter as reformer? Who must he always be on the side of?
4. How does the guerrilla use sabotage in the war zone? How are enemy prisoners dealt with?
5. What principles of Guerrilla warfare are introduced in Chapter I: General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare?
6. Why does Guevara assert the guerrilla finds better recruits in the countryside?
7. How does the guerrilla maintain the support of people of the countryside according to Guevara?
8. How does Guevara define the tactics of a guerrilla force? What is the guerrilla force's main advantage?
9. How may the guerrilla use harsh terrain to his advantage, according to Guevara?
10. Where does Guevara suggest a guerrilla fighter be from in regard to fighting? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the organization, strategy and tactics of the guerrilla army in comparison to that of a national military. How are they organized similarly? What differences exist?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the favorable terrain for the guerrilla fighter as defined by Guevara. What are examples of this terrain in Cuba? What other military operations have taken advantage of similar favorable territory?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "sabotage" and identify how it is a useful tool in a guerrilla movement. How does sabotage differ from terrorism?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)