|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a kind of wall or roof that can shelter men in a defensive position during a firefight?
2. Most guerrilla strikes must be made quickly so that the enemy does not have time to do what?
3. Guevara advises that the guerrilla set up the capability to repair their own clothing and shoes as well as the ability to make their own what?
4. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
5. According to Guevara, ideally the guerrilla fighter will be an inhabitant of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should promotion within the guerrilla army progress, according to Guevara?
2. What are the essential strategic tools and goals of the guerrilla army according to Guevara?
3. Why does Guevara assert the guerrilla finds better recruits in the countryside?
4. How must the guerrilla force adapt to warfare on unfavorable ground? When do strikes occur?
5. How should the guerrilla force seek to redistribute land in his reform according to Guevara?
6. What must the guerrilla carefully defend in the fighting zone? Why?
7. What is the principle tactic of the guerrilla band? What are its attributes?
8. What does Guevara write of the need for an ideal in the guerrilla fighter?
9. How does Guevara distinguish the suburban guerrilla from the guerrilla in the countryside?
10. Where is the ideal location for the guerrilla force to set up headquarters? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one example of revolution in history and discussing where the movement for revolt originated. How do revolutions which are begun in the city differ from those borne of the countryside?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the supplies and principle equipment of guerrilla forces. What basic clothing are demanded by the terrain? What food do guerrilla bands eat and how do they prepare meals?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the life of Ernesto Che Guevara. How did Guevara come to be a revolutionary? In what capacity was he involved in the Cuban Revolution? How did he die?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)