|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the revolutionary group's fame grows, it is able to recruit and receive support from whom?
2. What refers to a plan, procedure, or expedient for promoting a desired end or result?
3. What unit of a guerrilla army does a commandante command?
4. How does Guevara state the guerrilla war should progress in Chapter 2: The Guerrilla Band?
5. The main advantage of a guerrilla force over a conventional force is its flexibility and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guevara suggest the guerrilla force supply food and ammunition?
2. What does Guevara write of warfare of favorable ground? Where does this include?
3. How does Guevara define the tactics of a guerrilla force? What is the guerrilla force's main advantage?
4. How should the guerrilla force seek to redistribute land in his reform according to Guevara?
5. What does Guevara write of adaptability in the guerrilla? Of what stature should the fighter be?
6. How should promotion within the guerrilla army progress, according to Guevara?
7. How should the suburban guerrilla's missions differ from those of the country guerrilla according to Guevara?
8. What are ways in which the guerrilla is responsible to the peasants in his reform?
9. What are the essential strategic tools and goals of the guerrilla army according to Guevara?
10. How does Che Guevara define the guerrilla fighter as reformer? Who must he always be on the side of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the war zones of two different military operations in history, examining each from the perspective of the guerrilla fighter. Which war zones have proven to be the most advantageous to revolutionary forces in the past? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one example of revolution in history and discussing where the movement for revolt originated. How do revolutions which are begun in the city differ from those borne of the countryside?
Essay Topic 3
What three principles of guerrilla warfare does Guevara describe as having been lessons of the Cuban Revolution? Give examples of how these principles are exemplified in the revolution.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)