|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term can either refer to the leaders of the revolution generally or the specific units that lead an attack?
2. Whatever the type of terrain a fighter fights on, Guevara maintains that the __________ of the guerrilla should never change.
3. In many areas, the guerrilla cannot rely on the help of which group, because reprisals from the state are often so violent that their loyalty cannot be assured?
4. The main tactic of the guerrilla is what?
5. The suburban band is effectively operating in extremely unfavorable ground and should not be larger than how many?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Che Guevara define the guerrilla fighter as reformer? Who must he always be on the side of?
2. How does Guevara describe the beginning of a guerrilla movement?
3. How does Guevara suggest the guerrilla force supply food and ammunition?
4. How should the suburban guerrilla's missions differ from those of the country guerrilla according to Guevara?
5. What does Guevara write of the need for an ideal in the guerrilla fighter?
6. What does Guevara claim the first two lessons of Guerrilla warfare are meant to address in Chapter I: General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare?
7. How should promotion within the guerrilla army progress, according to Guevara?
8. What is the primary organizational unit of the guerrilla army? How are supplies distributed?
9. What basic equipment do guerrilla soldiers carry with them?
10. When should combat be engaged, according to Guevara? How great a focus of the guerrilla's life is combat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the war zones of two different military operations in history, examining each from the perspective of the guerrilla fighter. Which war zones have proven to be the most advantageous to revolutionary forces in the past? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the life of Ernesto Che Guevara. How did Guevara come to be a revolutionary? In what capacity was he involved in the Cuban Revolution? How did he die?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the early stages of the guerrilla movement in Cuba. Where did the movement begin in Cuba? How does Fidel Castro represent the ideal leader for a revolution according to Guevara's definition?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)