|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the Cuban Revolution, Guevara served as ___________ director for Cuba's armed forces.
2. With friends of the revolution, supplies should always be paid for either in currency or in what that will be paid back at the end of the war?
3. What term refers to exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market?
4. What industries are hard to maintain to the guerrilla and are easily destroyed by the enemy unless they are well hidden?
(a) Rubber plants.
(b) Tobacco fields.
(c) Rum stills.
(d) Iron and steel plants.
5. What amount of time does Guevara write in the Epilogue "has now passed since the flight of the dictator, the culmination of a long armed civil struggle by the Cuban people"?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guevara writes that a publication for the countryside should bring to the peasant class a message from their companions in all the free zones who have already felt the beneficial effects of what?
2. Once in control, Fidel and his government reformed rent laws and the ownership of what services?
3. When did the Cuban Missile Crisis take place?
4. Chapter 3: Organization of the Guerrilla Front begins with a discussion of the creation and maintenance of a good ___________ system.
5. Guevara notes that the weapons used by the guerrilla army should be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is key in beginning a successful revolution, according to Guevara in the appendices?
2. What establishments are important to develop once extensive zones of operation are established?
3. What guidelines does Guevara instill for supply lines for the guerrilla forces?
4. What industries are important in addition to the two essential ones Guevara discusses? Why?
5. What must be done initially once victory is ensured against the enemy, according to Guevara?
6. What was the aim of the bulk of reform under Castro's regime?
7. What are the needs for medical personnel in the war zone? How does this expand with the movement?
8. How does Guevara broach the subject of the screening of recruits?
9. What changes took place after Fidel Castro's rise to power, as described in the Epilogue?
10. How should the revolutionary army seek to protect itself against counter-revolutionaries, according to Guevara?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)