|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guevara claims that the guerrilla carries the banner of what to the countryside where he will most likely find a welcome audience?
(a) Marxist reform.
(b) Suburban reform.
(c) Agrarian reform.
(d) Urban reform.
2. What does Guevara define as "the analysis of the objectives to be achieved in the light of the total military situation and the overall ways of reaching these objectives"?
(d) Guerrilla Analysis.
3. Who must be won over to the revolutionary cause before there can be any hope of victory for the revolutionary forces?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The military.
(c) The government.
(d) The police.
4. In his second lesson learned from the Cuban Revolution regarding the conduct of revolutionary movements in America, Guevara writes, "It is not necessary to wait until all conditions for making revolution exist; the ______ can create them."
5. How does Guevara state the guerrilla war should progress in Chapter 2: The Guerrilla Band?
(a) From the highest officials downward.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Zone by zone.
(d) Upward through ranks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Che Guevara claims that as the war progresses the guerrilla must aid the poor and ____ the rich as much as possible.
2. Guevara notes that in underdeveloped Latin America ______________ is the best place for fighting a revolution.
3. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
4. Promotion within the guerrilla band should reward discipline and what?
5. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should the guerrilla force seek to redistribute land in his reform according to Guevara?
2. What must the guerrilla carefully defend in the fighting zone? Why?
3. How should promotion within the guerrilla army progress, according to Guevara?
4. How does the guerrilla use sabotage in the war zone? How are enemy prisoners dealt with?
5. Where is the ideal location for the guerrilla force to set up headquarters? Why?
6. What are the essential strategic tools and goals of the guerrilla army according to Guevara?
7. What is the primary organizational unit of the guerrilla army? How are supplies distributed?
8. What does Guevara claim the first two lessons of Guerrilla warfare are meant to address in Chapter I: General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare?
9. How may the guerrilla use harsh terrain to his advantage, according to Guevara?
10. How must the guerrilla force adapt to warfare on unfavorable ground? When do strikes occur?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)