|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Che Guevara notes that the revolutionary must always be on the side of whom?
(a) The people.
(b) The government.
(c) The authorities.
(d) The opposition.
2. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
(a) War can be fought without money.
(b) Popular forces can win a war against the army.
(c) War can be fought on any ground.
(d) War should be fought in the countryside.
3. Guevara claims that people must see clearly "the futility of maintaining the fight for social goals within the framework of" what?
(a) The people.
(b) Civil debate.
4. Guevara states that even if the guerrilla possesses the requisite skills and physical qualities, he will need what to keep him motivated and to endure the hardships that await him?
(c) An ideal.
(d) Family communication.
5. Guevara writes that food and tobacco, as well as other supplies should be distributed so as to maintain the _____ of the squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guerrilla operations will need to occur when, according to Guevara?
2. What term refers to a settled or established opinion, belief or principle?
3. How does Guevara state the guerrilla war should progress in Chapter 2: The Guerrilla Band?
4. A guerrilla army is organized into units of 100-150 men is called what?
5. Suburban guerrillas will never arise on their own but need to be cultivated and commanded by who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How must the guerrilla force adapt to warfare on unfavorable ground? When do strikes occur?
2. How does the guerrilla maintain the support of people of the countryside according to Guevara?
3. What does Guevara claim the first two lessons of Guerrilla warfare are meant to address in Chapter I: General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare?
4. Why does Guevara assert the guerrilla finds better recruits in the countryside?
5. How does Guevara distinguish the suburban guerrilla from the guerrilla in the countryside?
6. What principles of Guerrilla warfare are introduced in Chapter I: General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare?
7. What is the primary organizational unit of the guerrilla army? How are supplies distributed?
8. What does Guevara write of adaptability in the guerrilla? Of what stature should the fighter be?
9. What basic equipment do guerrilla soldiers carry with them?
10. What does Guevara write of concerns of ammunition in battle? How does this dictate strikes?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)