|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
2. The guerrilla must be careful to defend roads and other avenues of reinforcement so that his band will not be what?
3. The main advantage of a guerrilla force over a conventional force is its flexibility and what?
(c) Large size.
4. The guerrilla can only settle in land that is what?
(c) Near water.
5. Che Guevara admits that even in many underdeveloped countries, the city dwellers tend to be what?
(a) Fairly content.
(b) More discontent.
(c) Angry at the government.
(d) Poorer than most.
Short Answer Questions
1. The guerrilla fighter operates principally when, according to Guevara?
2. What term refers to a revolutionary fighter who lives in camps and fights the revolutionary war against the old regime?
3. Guevara writes that the principal source of provision for the guerrilla force is what?
4. In Chapter 1 General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare, Guevara writes, "An attitude of resistance finally crystallizes in an outbreak of fighting, provoked initially by the conduct of" whom?
5. What refers to a device containing a charge of explosive in a watertight casing, floating on or moored beneath the surface of the water for the purpose of blowing up an enemy ship that strikes it or passes close by it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guevara write of concerns of ammunition in battle? How does this dictate strikes?
2. What does Guevara write of warfare of favorable ground? Where does this include?
3. What is the principle tactic of the guerrilla band? What are its attributes?
4. What is the primary organizational unit of the guerrilla army? How are supplies distributed?
5. How should promotion within the guerrilla army progress, according to Guevara?
6. What must the guerrilla carefully defend in the fighting zone? Why?
7. How should the guerrilla force seek to redistribute land in his reform according to Guevara?
8. What are the essential strategic tools and goals of the guerrilla army according to Guevara?
9. What must the guerrilla bear in the countryside? What must he always be aware of among the peasants?
10. What is the ultimate strategy of the guerrilla fighter? How does this evolve over time?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)