|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dictator was overthrown in the Cuban Revolution?
(a) Fulgencio Batista.
(b) Frederico Bontista.
(c) Adolph Hitler.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
2. In many areas, the guerrilla cannot rely on the help of which group, because reprisals from the state are often so violent that their loyalty cannot be assured?
(a) Local government.
(b) Local police.
(d) City officials.
3. Guevara writes that above all, the guerrilla fighter is what kind of revolutionary?
4. When was Che Guevara born?
5. What is among the primary equipment of a guerrilla squad aside from their weapons?
6. Guevara claims that people must see clearly "the futility of maintaining the fight for social goals within the framework of" what?
(b) Civil debate.
(c) The people.
7. What term refers to any underhand interference with production, work, etc., in a plant, factory, etc., as by enemy agents during wartime or by employees during a trade dispute?
8. The suburban band is effectively operating in extremely unfavorable ground and should not be larger than how many?
(a) Ten men.
(b) Two men.
(c) Six men.
(d) Three men.
9. Guevara states that each unit, be it a column, platoon, or squad needs to set up what whenever it is encamped?
(b) Cooking station.
10. The main tactic of the guerrilla is what?
(a) Outnumbering the opponent.
(c) Outarming the opponent.
11. What refers to a plan, procedure, or expedient for promoting a desired end or result?
12. What word refers to capacity for producing a desired result or effect?
13. In his second lesson learned from the Cuban Revolution regarding the conduct of revolutionary movements in America, Guevara writes, "It is not necessary to wait until all conditions for making revolution exist; the ______ can create them."
14. Che Guevara notes that the revolutionary must always be on the side of whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The authorities.
(c) The opposition.
(d) The people.
15. When did the Cuban Revolution take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made up of no more than 12 men led by lieutenants?
2. Promotion within the guerrilla band should reward discipline and what?
3. Che Guevara claims that as the war progresses the guerrilla must aid the poor and ____ the rich as much as possible.
4. Guerrilla operations will need to occur when, according to Guevara?
5. Guevara advises that the guerrilla set up the capability to repair their own clothing and shoes as well as the ability to make their own what?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)