|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must be won over to the revolutionary cause before there can be any hope of victory for the revolutionary forces?
(a) The military.
(b) The police.
(c) The government.
(d) The peasants.
2. What refers to a guard often posted around the guerrilla camp to notify sleeping troops of any kind of breach in the camp's perimeter?
3. Guevara writes that above all, the guerrilla fighter is what kind of revolutionary?
4. Guevara claims that people must see clearly "the futility of maintaining the fight for social goals within the framework of" what?
(b) Civil debate.
(d) The people.
5. Each squad and the members of each squad carry what with them?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A shield.
(c) A change of clothes.
(d) All of their equipment.
6. What unit of a guerrilla army does a commandante command?
7. Che Guevara claims that as the war progresses the guerrilla must aid the poor and ____ the rich as much as possible.
(d) Secretly aid.
8. What refers to a kind of wall or roof that can shelter men in a defensive position during a firefight?
9. What does Che Guevara refer to as the forces of all non-revolutionary or counter-revolutionary forces?
(a) The regime.
(b) The antagonist.
(c) The nationalist.
(d) The enemy.
10. In what type of government does Guevara claim, "the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted"?
(a) One which was voted down by the people.
(b) A communist regime.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) One which came from popular vote.
11. Che Guevara admits that even in many underdeveloped countries, the city dwellers tend to be what?
(a) More discontent.
(b) Poorer than most.
(c) Fairly content.
(d) Angry at the government.
12. Guevara writes that the principal source of provision for the guerrilla force is what?
(a) Enemy armaments.
(b) Stealing from the rich.
(d) Government aid.
13. Promotion within the guerrilla band should reward discipline and what?
14. Whatever the type of terrain a fighter fights on, Guevara maintains that the __________ of the guerrilla should never change.
(c) Modus operandi.
15. What refers to the head commander of a guerrilla column and will have up to 150 men under his command as well as several captains and lieutenants under him?
Short Answer Questions
1. A guerrilla army is organized into units of 100-150 men is called what?
2. Suburban guerrillas will never arise on their own but need to be cultivated and commanded by who?
3. What is among the primary equipment of a guerrilla squad aside from their weapons?
4. What term can either refer to the leaders of the revolution generally or the specific units that lead an attack?
5. Wherever the guerrilla band does operate, Guevara notes that one of its goals should be constant what of the population around it?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)