|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a device containing a charge of explosive in a watertight casing, floating on or moored beneath the surface of the water for the purpose of blowing up an enemy ship that strikes it or passes close by it?
2. Guevara claims that the guerrilla carries the banner of what to the countryside where he will most likely find a welcome audience?
(a) Suburban reform.
(b) Urban reform.
(c) Marxist reform.
(d) Agrarian reform.
3. What term refers to any underhand interference with production, work, etc., in a plant, factory, etc., as by enemy agents during wartime or by employees during a trade dispute?
4. What unit of a guerrilla army does a commandante command?
5. What term refers to a settled or established opinion, belief or principle?
6. A guerrilla army is organized into units of 100-150 men is called what?
7. Where was Che Guevara born?
8. In his second lesson learned from the Cuban Revolution regarding the conduct of revolutionary movements in America, Guevara writes, "It is not necessary to wait until all conditions for making revolution exist; the ______ can create them."
9. Once the revolutionary group's fame grows, it is able to recruit and receive support from whom?
(a) Enemy soldiers.
(b) Corrupt police.
(c) The government.
(d) The peasants.
10. Suburban guerrillas will never arise on their own but need to be cultivated and commanded by who?
(a) Peasant brigades.
(b) Guerrilla bands in the countryside.
(c) City governments.
(d) City officials.
11. Guevara states that even if the guerrilla possesses the requisite skills and physical qualities, he will need what to keep him motivated and to endure the hardships that await him?
(a) An ideal.
(d) Family communication.
12. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
(a) War can be fought without money.
(b) Popular forces can win a war against the army.
(c) War should be fought in the countryside.
(d) War can be fought on any ground.
13. What is the title of the direct commander over a squad in a guerrilla army?
14. What term refers to a concerted stopping of work or withdrawal of workers' services, as to compel an employer to accede to workers' demands or in protest?
15. In what type of government does Guevara claim, "the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted"?
(a) One which was voted down by the people.
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) A communist regime.
(d) One which came from popular vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the outset, the essential task of the guerrilla fighter is to keep himself what, according to Guevara?
2. Guevara writes that the guerrilla must be completely dedicated to his cause and realize that the support of the peasants is always what?
3. The actual time spend in combat is much less than the time spent marching or what?
4. Guevara states that because of the physical and mental demands of the guerrilla, he must be rugged and preferably of young, ____ stock.
5. On land that is not favorable to guerrilla warfare, namely land that lacks hills and forests, guerrilla operations will need to be what?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)