|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Cuban Revolution take place?
2. The guerrilla must always act in the spirit of what, according to Guevara?
3. In many areas, the guerrilla cannot rely on the help of which group, because reprisals from the state are often so violent that their loyalty cannot be assured?
(b) Local police.
(c) City officials.
(d) Local government.
4. What sleeping device is useful in the jungle because it keeps the guerrilla off the wet jungle floor?
(b) Sleeping pad.
5. How does Guevara state the guerrilla war should progress in Chapter 2: The Guerrilla Band?
(a) Left to right.
(b) From the highest officials downward.
(c) Upward through ranks.
(d) Zone by zone.
6. Guevara writes, "The enemy soldier in a zone of operations ought not to be allowed to" what?
(b) Fire weapons.
7. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
(a) Popular forces can win a war against the army.
(b) War can be fought without money.
(c) War can be fought on any ground.
(d) War should be fought in the countryside.
8. The suburban band is effectively operating in extremely unfavorable ground and should not be larger than how many?
(a) Three men.
(b) Six men.
(c) Two men.
(d) Ten men.
9. Guevara writes that above all, the guerrilla fighter is what kind of revolutionary?
10. What word refers to capacity for producing a desired result or effect?
11. Guevara notes that in underdeveloped Latin America ______________ is the best place for fighting a revolution.
(a) The suburbs.
(b) The city.
(c) The water.
(d) The countryside.
12. Of his three propositions of lessons from the Cuban Revolution, Guevara writes that the first two contradict the "defeatist attitude of revolutionaries or pseudo-revolutionaries who remain" what?
13. Combat should only be engaged when the possibility of what is ensured?
(a) A gain in land.
14. The guerrilla can only settle in land that is what?
(d) Near water.
15. What is among the primary equipment of a guerrilla squad aside from their weapons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Operations should never be undertaken unless there is a high probability that the guerrilla can capture enough what from the enemy?
2. Guevara states that even if the guerrilla possesses the requisite skills and physical qualities, he will need what to keep him motivated and to endure the hardships that await him?
3. In some types of especially harsh terrain, the guerrilla will be able to engage the enemy longer because the terrain can enhance the ____ of the guerrilla.
4. In his second lesson learned from the Cuban Revolution regarding the conduct of revolutionary movements in America, Guevara writes, "It is not necessary to wait until all conditions for making revolution exist; the ______ can create them."
5. In what type of government does Guevara claim, "the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted"?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)