|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must be won over to the revolutionary cause before there can be any hope of victory for the revolutionary forces?
(a) The police.
(b) The military.
(c) The government.
(d) The peasants.
2. In what type of government does Guevara claim, "the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted"?
(a) One which was voted down by the people.
(b) A communist regime.
(c) One which came from popular vote.
(d) A dictatorship.
3. When did the Cuban Revolution take place?
4. The guerrilla band can attack _________________ sending the enemy column into disorder and confusion and economizing ammunition and men.
(a) At night.
(b) In groups.
(c) From all sides.
(d) At intervals.
5. What term can either refer to the leaders of the revolution generally or the specific units that lead an attack?
(b) First brigade.
6. What does Guevara claim is a kind or reformer who directly fights the agents of unjust institutions?
(a) The president.
(b) The military leader.
(c) The guerrilla fighter.
(d) The teacher.
7. What word refers to capacity for producing a desired result or effect?
8. The guerrilla must be careful to defend roads and other avenues of reinforcement so that his band will not be what?
9. The guerrilla can only settle in land that is what?
(a) Near water.
10. What dictator was overthrown in the Cuban Revolution?
(a) Frederico Bontista.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Fulgencio Batista.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
11. What sleeping device is useful in the jungle because it keeps the guerrilla off the wet jungle floor?
(b) Sleeping pad.
12. At the outset, the essential task of the guerrilla fighter is to keep himself what, according to Guevara?
(a) Ahead of the enemy.
(b) From being destroyed.
(c) From turning corrupt.
(d) From losing the hope.
13. Without this revolutionary and ideological role, the guerrilla becomes nothing more than a what, according to Guevara?
14. Che Guevara claims that as the war progresses the guerrilla must aid the poor and ____ the rich as much as possible.
(a) Secretly aid.
15. What refers to a device containing a charge of explosive in a watertight casing, floating on or moored beneath the surface of the water for the purpose of blowing up an enemy ship that strikes it or passes close by it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit of a guerrilla army does a commandante command?
2. Guevara writes that the principal source of provision for the guerrilla force is what?
3. The type and times of guerrilla operations need to do what, according to Guevara?
4. Promotion within the guerrilla band should reward discipline and what?
5. What does Che Guevara refer to as the forces of all non-revolutionary or counter-revolutionary forces?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)