|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Guerilla Band (1. The guerilla fighter as social reformer, 2. The Guerilla fighter as combatant).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On land that is not favorable to guerrilla warfare, namely land that lacks hills and forests, guerrilla operations will need to be what?
(a) Reduced in visibility.
(b) Reduced in number.
(c) Increased in visibility.
(d) Increased in number.
2. What American rifle was popular in WWII and Korea and because of its simple components and reliable construction, popular among guerrilla bands?
(b) M-1 Garand.
3. What refers to the tools that the guerrilla uses in fighting, in most cases involving guns and knives?
4. Guevara writes that the revolutionary forces should whenever possible seize the lands and property of those opposed to the revolution and distribute the goods form that property to whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The guerrilla forces and peasants.
(c) The war prisoners.
(d) The opposing forces.
5. In what type of government does Guevara claim, "the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted"?
(a) One which came from popular vote.
(b) One which was voted down by the people.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A communist regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captured or wounded enemies should be treated how, unless they are dedicated counterrevolutionaries?
2. At the outset, the essential task of the guerrilla fighter is to keep himself what, according to Guevara?
3. Without this revolutionary and ideological role, the guerrilla becomes nothing more than a what, according to Guevara?
4. What term refers to a settled or established opinion, belief or principle?
5. Guevara notes that in underdeveloped Latin America ______________ is the best place for fighting a revolution.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)