|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare (4. Warfare on Favorable Ground, 5. Warfare on Unfavorable Ground, 6. Suburban Warfare).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the head commander of a guerrilla column and will have up to 150 men under his command as well as several captains and lieutenants under him?
2. Most guerrilla strikes must be made quickly so that the enemy does not have time to do what?
3. What does Guevara claim is a kind or reformer who directly fights the agents of unjust institutions?
(a) The president.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The military leader.
(d) The guerrilla fighter.
4. In Chapter 1 General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare, Guevara writes, "An attitude of resistance finally crystallizes in an outbreak of fighting, provoked initially by the conduct of" whom?
(a) The people.
(b) The authorities.
(c) The military.
(d) The opposing government.
5. Who must be won over to the revolutionary cause before there can be any hope of victory for the revolutionary forces?
(a) The military.
(b) The police.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a plan, procedure, or expedient for promoting a desired end or result?
2. Guerrilla operations will need to occur when, according to Guevara?
3. What sleeping device is useful in the jungle because it keeps the guerrilla off the wet jungle floor?
4. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
5. In many areas, the guerrilla cannot rely on the help of which group, because reprisals from the state are often so violent that their loyalty cannot be assured?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)