|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare (4. Warfare on Favorable Ground, 5. Warfare on Unfavorable Ground, 6. Suburban Warfare).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the three fundamental lessons that the Cuban Revolution contributed to the conduct of revolutionary movements in America according to Guevara?
(a) War can be fought without money.
(b) Popular forces can win a war against the army.
(c) War should be fought in the countryside.
(d) War can be fought on any ground.
2. What refers to a guard often posted around the guerrilla camp to notify sleeping troops of any kind of breach in the camp's perimeter?
3. In Chapter 1 General Principles of Guerrilla Warfare, Guevara writes, "An attitude of resistance finally crystallizes in an outbreak of fighting, provoked initially by the conduct of" whom?
(a) The people.
(b) The opposing government.
(c) The authorities.
(d) The military.
4. In some types of especially harsh terrain, the guerrilla will be able to engage the enemy longer because the terrain can enhance the ____ of the guerrilla.
5. What refers to the head commander of a guerrilla column and will have up to 150 men under his command as well as several captains and lieutenants under him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of guerrilla fighter's main goals involve the dissemination of propaganda as well as committing various acts of sabotage?
2. Who must be won over to the revolutionary cause before there can be any hope of victory for the revolutionary forces?
3. What dictator was overthrown in the Cuban Revolution?
4. Guevara writes, "Naturally, it is not to be thought that all conditions for revolution are going to be created through the impulse given to them by" what?
5. What does Guevara claim is a kind or reformer who directly fights the agents of unjust institutions?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)