|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Sibyl wearing when Vimes first meets her?
2. Where was Carrot's sword found?
3. Which of the following is not sold by Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler?
4. What is the word that Lady Sybil uses to describe Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
5. Which street are Vimes, Colon, Carrot and Nobby walking down when they hear the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Librarian know that the book was stolen by someone at the University?
2. Why is Lady Sybil not offended by Nobby's language?
3. How did Vimes get injured?
4. Why does the Patrician consider the dragon to be a problem beyond his skills?
5. What frustrates the Supreme Grand Master about the magical artifacts brought by the Elucidated Brethren?
6. What is the connection between Lupine Wonse and Sam Vimes?
7. What does Vimes notice about the prints in the alley that arouse his suspicions?
8. What does Carrot not realize about the Mrs Palm's "boarding house"?
9. Why is Sam Vimes attracted to Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
10. What incident begins to wake up the more idealistic side of Sam Vimes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Vimes and Lady Sybil:
(a) Explain how the relationship between Vimes and Lady Sybil develops and changes over time. Your answer should include a description of how they met and key events that mark turning points in the relationship.
(b) Do you think that Vimes and Lady Sybil are compatible and will their relationship work out successfully? Give reasons for your decision.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of GUARDS! GUARDS!, considering:
(a) the physical location,
(b) the closest real-world equivalent historical period in time
(c ) the social system
Essay Topic 3
The Elucidated Brethren quote an old prophecy about the return of the long-lost heir to the throne of Ankh-Morpork. Discuss this prophecy:
(a) How does Carrot manage to fulfill this prophecy?
(b) In what ways does he not fulfill the prophecy?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)