|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first American military man that introduces himself to Khalid in Chapter 26?
(a) Major James.
(b) Major Jackson.
(c) Major Leeth.
(d) Major Donaldson.
2. What breakfast is brought to Khalid on the plane in the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) A pancake, coffee, and a Danish.
(b) Rice, potatoes, and tuna fish.
(c) A piece of cake, a donut, and a cup of tea.
(d) A bread roll, an omelet, and baked beans.
3. Where did Khalid first meet Niamh last year, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
(a) The museum.
(b) The library.
(c) The science lab.
(d) The cafeteria.
4. Where do the American military men tell Khalid he is going in Chapter 26?
(b) Guantanamo Bay.
5. Where does Tariq say he was held for over a year in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music was blaring in the isolation room that Khalid is taken to in Chapter 22?
2. Niamh joined Khalid’s school when her family relocated from where, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
3. What is Chapter 26’s title?
4. When Khalid encounters Masud at the showers in Chapter 17, Masud tells him that they took him from Karachi to where before bringing him to Guantanamo?
5. The military doctor that comes to examine Khalid in Chapter 23 is said to be no more than how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fellow prisoner tell Khalid about his experiences after Karachi in Chapter 17?
2. How is Khalid’s psychological state described in Chapter 19?
3. What conversation takes place between Khalid and Tariq when Khalid is brought back to his cell in Chapter 24?
4. What does Khalid learn from Tariq of his experiences after arrest in Chapter 23?
5. What question does Khalid repeatedly ask in the beginning of Chapter 22? Why?
6. Who greets Khalid in the interrogation room in Chapter 26? What information do these characters relate?
7. Who arrives outside of Khalid’s cell in the beginning of Chapter 26? What orders is Khalid given?
8. Whom does Khalid meet when he is taken to the recreation area at the prison in Chapter 20? How is the recreation area described?
9. What does Mr. Tagg ask of Khalid in Chapter 28? How does Khalid respond?
10. What causes Khalid to not answer the calls from the next prison cell in Chapter 23?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)