|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Khalid use in Chapter 16 to refer to “acts of charity to help people in need”?
(a) “Tänd ett ljus.”
(b) “Shalwar kameez.”
(d) “Eid al-Fitr.”
2. What is Chapter 26’s title?
(a) “Hot Shots.”
(b) “Water Tricks.”
3. The room that Khalid is taken to after arriving in England is described as bigger than what, in Chapter 27?
(a) His whole house.
(b) His bedroom at home.
(c) His living room at home.
(d) His bathroom at home.
4. Where does Khalid learn the plane will be landing in Chapter 27?
(a) RAF Manchester.
(b) RAF Exeter.
(c) RAF London.
(d) RAF Northolt.
5. During his speech at the assembly in Chapter 29, Khalid says, “Hurt is hurt. Harm is harm. Bullying is bullying. What everyone wants is the same thing.” What is this thing?
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of the prisoners shouts at Khalid, calling him a “dorkhead,” he becomes convinced that it is whom in Chapter 22?
2. What book is in Khalid’s cell when he arrives at Guantanamo Bay Prison in Chapter 16?
3. What British soccer player frequents Khalid’s delusions and fantasies in his delirium in Chapter 17?
4. Where do the American military men tell Khalid he is going in Chapter 26?
5. What is the title of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts Khalid from the act of self-abuse in Chapter 22? How is this character described?
2. How is Khalid’s arrival in his room described in Chapter 27? Whom does Khalid speak to here?
3. What question does Khalid repeatedly ask in the beginning of Chapter 22? Why?
4. How is Khalid’s arrival in Guantanamo Bay Prison described in the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. Where does Khalid encounter Tariq in Chapter 22? What does he learn from this character?
6. Who greets Khalid in the interrogation room in Chapter 26? What information do these characters relate?
7. What does Mr. Tagg ask of Khalid in Chapter 28? How does Khalid respond?
8. What conversation takes place between Khalid and Tariq when Khalid is brought back to his cell in Chapter 24?
9. What news does the food trolley man relate to the prisoners in Chapter 16? How do they respond?
10. What music is blaring in the prison when Khalid awakens in Chapter 18? What does this make Khalid think of?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)