|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whose capture does Khalid’s new lawyer tell him about in Chapter 24?
(a) George W. Bush’s.
(b) Saddam Hussein’s.
(c) Alex Jones’s.
(d) Osama Bin Laden’s.
2. Where is the guard named Marvin said to be from in Chapter 23?
3. How many pills is Khalid given by the doctor before he is sent back to his cell from the hospital in Chapter 23?
4. What is the name of the man who says his job is “to help [Khalid] settle back into normal life as soon as possible” in Chapter 27?
(a) Professor Wolfson.
(b) Professor Packman.
(c) Professor Jameson.
(d) Professor Joyce.
5. What word does Khalid use in Chapter 16 to refer to “acts of charity to help people in need”?
(b) “Eid al-Fitr.”
(c) “Tänd ett ljus.”
(d) “Shalwar kameez.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the “pretty woman in her early twenties with a reddish ponytail, nice smile and perfect teeth” that appears before Khalid in Chapter 22?
2. What is the name of the fellow recently released detainee that is taken along with Khalid to a waiting van after they leave the airplane in Chapter 27?
3. What is Tariq’s assigned number at Guantanamo?
4. What do the students at the assembly begin chanting after Khalid has finished his speech in Chapter 29?
5. While Khalid takes in his room and his surroundings at home, he thinks of Tariq and the how many prisoners that are still detained at Guantanamo in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Khalid’s psychological state illustrated in the beginning of Chapter 21?
2. What conversation takes place between Khalid and Tariq when Khalid is brought back to his cell in Chapter 24?
3. What does Mr. Tagg ask of Khalid in Chapter 28? How does Khalid respond?
4. What causes Khalid to not answer the calls from the next prison cell in Chapter 23?
5. How is Khalid’s arrival in his room described in Chapter 27? Whom does Khalid speak to here?
6. What question does Khalid repeatedly ask in the beginning of Chapter 22? Why?
7. What does Khalid learn from Tariq of his experiences after arrest in Chapter 23?
8. What event brings Khalid some respite from his situation in Chapter 20?
9. Where does Khalid encounter Angela and Bruce in Chapter 18? What do these characters ask Khalid?
10. How is Khalid’s arrival home described in Chapter 28? How does Khalid respond to the experience of arriving home?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)