|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Khalid’s father says that it has been how long since 9/11 “and the world is getting madder by the day” in Chapter 1?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. The peanuts that Khalid receives in his lunch in Chapter 12 are from where?
3. What is the greeting that the prisoner in the next cell to Khalid’s uses to greet him each morning in Chapter 11?
(a) “Shalwar kameez.”
(c) “Tänd ett ljus.”
(d) “As-salaamu alaikum.”
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13, the narrator states that there is nothing in the cell that holds Khalid aside from what?
(a) An Oriental rug.
(b) A floor covered in straw.
(c) A blue mat and a toilet.
(d) A sink and a bed.
5. What color suit is Khalid changed into after the guards wake him and give him food in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Khalid learns that the prisoner in the next cell to his is named what, in Chapter 11?
2. How does Khalid say his name is actually pronounced when he is interrogated by the woman with the American accent in Chapter 6?
3. What is the title of Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the Scottish neighbor to Khalid’s family that lives in house number 11?
5. How old was Tariq’s sister Radhwa when she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Khalid taken in Chapter 9? By what modes of transportation is he relocated?
2. Whom does Khalid meet at the new Indian grocery near his home in Chapter 2? What does this character warn Khalid about?
3. What happens after Abdul has been returned to his cell after interrogation in Chapter 12?
4. Where is Khalid taken after processing in Chapter 10? What questions is he asked?
5. How is the day-to-day life of Khalid and the other prisoners described in the beginning of Chapter 12?
6. What does Khalid do when the guard brings him breakfast in Chapter 7?
7. What is Khalid doing when his character is introduced in Chapter 1? What worry concerns Khalid in the opening of the novel?
8. What images are displayed to Khalid during his interrogations in Chapter 14? How do these images impact Khalid?
9. What are some of the examples of films, books, etc. that Anna Perera used as research in developing the story of Guantanamo Boy, according to the Author’s Note?
10. Why was the prisoner in the cell next to Khalid’s arrested, according to the narrator in Chapter 11? Where was he arrested?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)