|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chant breaks out in the prison, beginning with Abdul after he returns from his interrogation in Chapter 12?
(a) “I want a lawyer!”
(b) “Death to the West!”
(c) “Death to America!”
(d) “Let me go!”
2. What is the address of Khalid’s home where he arrives after school in Chapter 1?
(a) 17 Cobbler Lane.
(b) 12 Gooseberry Lane.
(c) 9 Owestry Road.
(d) 5 Rosswald Drive.
3. How old does the fellow prisoner tell Khalid he is when he meets Khalid in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the video game that Tariq has developed in Chapter 3?
(a) Invasion One.
(b) Grand Fighter.
(c) Last Stand.
(d) Bomber One.
5. What is the name of the shopkeeper at the new Indian shop near Khalid’s home in Chapter 2?
(a) Abdul Al-Farran.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 10, “He’s Khalid—himself, not a result of any” what?
2. As Khalid walks home from school in Chapter 1, he worries about his father receiving a letter from the school about his misbehavior. In what school room was Khalid misbehaving?
3. How old is Khalid’s sister Aadab in Chapter 1?
4. What is the title of Chapter 4?
5. What kind of torture is Khalid forced to endure in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author illustrate Khalid’s psychological deterioration in Chapter 13?
2. What does Khalid do when the guard brings him breakfast in Chapter 7?
3. Where is Khalid taken after processing in Chapter 10? What questions is he asked?
4. Where is Khalid taken in Chapter 9? By what modes of transportation is he relocated?
5. Who is the man in the cell next to Khalid’s in Chapter 11? Where is this character from?
6. Where is Khalid taken in the beginning of Chapter 8? How is this setting described?
7. How is the day-to-day life of Khalid and the other prisoners described in the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. What does Anna Perera claim inspired her to write Guantanamo Boy in the Author’s Note?
9. How is the incident at the science lab explained in Chapter 1? Who was responsible for the incident?
10. What questions are asked of Khalid by Angela and Bruce in Chapter 6? How does Khalid respond?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)