|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does Khalid learn the Madrid train bombings took place as he rides on the plane in Chapter 26?
(a) 3 weeks ago.
(b) 1 week ago.
(c) 2 weeks ago.
(d) 2 days ago.
2. Tariq tells Khalid that he heard about the capture of the Australian gamer where when they took him there, in Chapter 22?
3. What is the name of the man with the library cart that offers Khalid used books to read in Chapter 20?
4. What do the students at the assembly begin chanting after Khalid has finished his speech in Chapter 29?
(a) “Freedom of speech!”
(b) “End racial profiling!”
(c) “Death to America!”
(d) “Close down Guantanamo!”
5. What sound awakens Khalid in the opening of Chapter 22?
(a) The sound of rap music.
(b) The sound of vomiting.
(c) The sound of birds chirping.
(d) The sound of furniture being moved.
6. When one of the prisoners shouts at Khalid, calling him a “dorkhead,” he becomes convinced that it is whom in Chapter 22?
(a) Masud Al-Dossadi.
7. Where did Khalid first meet Niamh last year, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The museum.
(c) The science lab.
(d) The library.
8. When Khalid encounters Masud at the showers in Chapter 17, Masud tells him that they took him from Karachi to where before bringing him to Guantanamo?
9. What number is Khalid assigned when he arrives at Guantanamo Bay Prison in Chapter 16?
10. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(b) “Water Tricks.”
(c) “Every Shred.”
11. What is Chapter 26’s title?
(a) “Water Tricks.”
(b) “Hot Shots.”
12. What is the name of the fellow recently released detainee that is taken along with Khalid to a waiting van after they leave the airplane in Chapter 27?
(a) Abdul Al-Farran.
(b) Ali Abaza.
(c) Ashwin Al-Asmari.
(d) Masud Al-Dossadi.
13. Tariq tells Khalid that he lied to the authorities and said that Khalid’s father was what, in Chapter 23?
(a) A supporter of Saddam Hussein.
(b) A fund-raiser for extremists.
(c) A devout jihadist.
(d) Osama Bin Laden’s second cousin.
14. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(b) “Red Cross.”
(c) “The Jinn.”
15. Of whose capture does Khalid’s new lawyer tell him about in Chapter 24?
(a) Alex Jones’s.
(b) George W. Bush’s.
(c) Osama Bin Laden’s.
(d) Saddam Hussein’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khalid given to eat once he has boarded the plane in Chapter 26?
2. What is the title of Chapter 18?
3. The letter that Khalid’s new lawyer hands him in Chapter 24 is written by whom?
4. What word does Khalid use in Chapter 16 to refer to “acts of charity to help people in need”?
5. What term from the narrative refers to the breaking of the fast of Ramadan?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)