|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The military doctor that comes to examine Khalid in Chapter 23 is said to be no more than how old?
2. How many suicides does Khalid’s lawyer say there were last week at Camp Echo in Chapter 24?
3. Who does Aadab say is her new best friend when she talks to Khalid on the phone after he’s arrived in England in Chapter 27?
4. What is the date that one of the guards finally calls out when Khalid keeps asking for the date in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) June 16, 2004.
(b) January 1, 2004.
(c) September 12, 2003.
(d) February 16, 2004.
5. Niamh joined Khalid’s school when her family relocated from where, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
(d) The US.
6. When is Khalid’s birthday?
(a) March 11.
(b) July 7.
(c) June 12.
(d) September 16.
7. Who is the first of Khalid’s friends that he sees in Chapter 28?
8. What are the names of Khalid’s old mates from primary school that lead him out of the sports store when Khalid has an anxiety attack in Chapter 29?
(a) Aadab and Jim.
(b) Nasir and Tariq.
(c) Nico and Wade.
(d) Nadim and Sabeeh.
9. What number is Khalid assigned when he arrives at Guantanamo Bay Prison in Chapter 16?
10. Where does the fellow recently released detainee tell Khalid he is from as they are taken from the plane to a van in Chapter 27?
11. Thinking back to his friends in England, Khalid thinks in Chapter 18, “Nico was a good singer but he had too much” what?
12. How many pills is Khalid given by the doctor before he is sent back to his cell from the hospital in Chapter 23?
13. When Khalid encounters Masud at the showers in Chapter 17, Masud tells him that they took him from Karachi to where before bringing him to Guantanamo?
14. In Chapter 23, Tariq fills Khalid in on the events since they’ve been imprisoned. How many people does he say in March of 2003 marched in London against Tony Blair’s decision to go to war in Iraq?
(a) Over 1 million.
(b) Over 3 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) Over 50,000.
15. During his speech at the assembly in Chapter 29, Khalid says, “Hurt is hurt. Harm is harm. Bullying is bullying. What everyone wants is the same thing.” What is this thing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Khalid learn Mikael has moved with his family in Chapter 28?
2. What sound awakens Khalid in the opening of Chapter 22?
3. The room that Khalid is taken to after arriving in England is described as bigger than what, in Chapter 27?
4. Masud points out another prisoner to Khalid at the showers and tells him in Chapter 17 that the prisoner was blinded in one eye where?
5. How old does Khalid’s lawyer say he is now in Chapter 24?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)