|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fellow prisoner tell Khalid he is from in Chapter 8?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11 in the novel?
(c) “Red Cross.”
(d) “To Kandahar.”
3. What is the name of the Scottish neighbor to Khalid’s family that lives in house number 11?
4. How many pages does Khalid’s torturer have him sign as a confession in Chapter 14?
5. What do the guards bring Khalid to eat after his days of sleep deprivation and confinement after the confession in Chapter 15?
(a) Crackers and water.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Fish and rice.
6. Where in England does Khalid’s family live in the beginning of the novel?
7. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(c) “Red Cross.”
(d) “Party of God.”
8. For how many minutes are the prisoners led outside and allowed to take in the sun in the chain gang in Chapter 12?
(a) 4 and ½ minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 10 and ½ minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
9. What does Khalid recall stealing from a Polish guy at the market during his delirium in Chapter 14?
(a) A vase.
(b) Black jeans.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A radio.
10. Who is Khalid’s history teacher that has taught him about Guantanamo Bay in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. Hanwood.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Tagg.
11. In the beginning of Chapter 13, the narrator states that there is nothing in the cell that holds Khalid aside from what?
(a) An Oriental rug.
(b) A floor covered in straw.
(c) A blue mat and a toilet.
(d) A sink and a bed.
12. What color suit is Khalid changed into after the guards wake him and give him food in Chapter 15?
13. How old was Tariq’s sister Radhwa when she died?
14. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(b) “Blood’s Thicker than Water.”
15. Where in Pakistan did Khalid’s father grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children is Masud said to have back home in Chapter 9?
2. What illness does the fellow prisoner say he’d contracted at the time that he was arrested at the border in Chapter 8?
3. What is the title of Chapter 9?
4. How many seconds does the torturer say that Khalid endured the torture in Chapter 14?
5. What kind of torture is Khalid forced to endure in Chapter 14?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)