|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) “Red Cross.”
(d) “Party of God.”
2. What is the address of Khalid’s home where he arrives after school in Chapter 1?
(a) 17 Cobbler Lane.
(b) 9 Owestry Road.
(c) 5 Rosswald Drive.
(d) 12 Gooseberry Lane.
3. The prisoner in the cell next to Khalid’s tells him in Chapter 11 that “Hezbollah” means what?
(a) “Party of God.”
(b) “Red Cross.”
(c) “To Kandahar.”
4. What kind of torture is Khalid forced to endure in Chapter 14?
(a) Bamboo torture.
(c) The rack.
5. When Khalid googles “Karachi” in Chapter 2, he discovers it has a population of how many people?
(a) 23 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 15 million.
(d) 3 million.
6. What word does Khalid confuse for “enemy combatant” when he first hears the fellow prisoner use the phrase in Chapter 8?
7. Khalid’s father says that it has been how long since 9/11 “and the world is getting madder by the day” in Chapter 1?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
8. What is the name of the American soldier wearing jeans and a white shirt that holds out his hand to Khalid during the processing “as if welcoming the shivering, naked Khalid to Afghanistan” in Chapter 10?
9. The narrator says in Chapter 10, “He’s Khalid—himself, not a result of any” what?
(d) “Skin color.”
10. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) “Blood’s Thicker than Water.”
11. What grade has Khalid received for his essay plan on the Spanish Inquisition in Chapter 2?
12. What is the name of the Irish girl at school that Khalid is said to fancy early in the novel?
13. How often is the Red Cross guy said to come by for letters from the prisoners in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every two weeks.
14. The peanuts that Khalid receives in his lunch in Chapter 12 are from where?
15. What does “CIA” stand for?
(a) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) Corporate Identification Agency.
(c) Comprehensive Identification Act.
(d) The Conclusive Iridium Argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men that Khalid has spent the flight sandwiched between spent the entire flight doing what, in Chapter 10?
2. The soldier named Michael tells Khalid in Chapter 12 that he’s what?
3. How many pages does Khalid’s torturer have him sign as a confession in Chapter 14?
4. Which of Khalid’s friends is the principle supplier of alcohol to kids in the area?
5. The man who introduces himself as James when Khalid is being interrogated says he’s from what organization in Chapter 6?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)