|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Pakistani-looking man who interrogates Khalid in Chapter 6 takes what item from Khalid’s possession when he first speaks to him?
(a) His ring.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His watch.
(d) His bracelet.
2. What does Khalid do as the armed guard goes to take his breakfast from him in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He makes a telephone call to his mother.
(b) He kicks the door open and flees.
(c) He runs and leaps from the window.
(d) He attempts to strangle the guard.
3. How many seconds does the torturer say that Khalid endured the torture in Chapter 14?
4. What sound awakens Khalid in the opening of Chapter 8?
(a) The coughing of one of the prisoners.
(b) The screeching of furniture being moved upstairs.
(c) The sounds of a dog tearing apart a building.
(d) The chirping of birds outside his window.
5. What is the greeting that the prisoner in the next cell to Khalid’s uses to greet him each morning in Chapter 11?
(a) “Tänd ett ljus.”
(b) “As-salaamu alaikum.”
(d) “Shalwar kameez.”
6. For how many minutes are the prisoners led outside and allowed to take in the sun in the chain gang in Chapter 12?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 10 and ½ minutes.
(c) 4 and ½ minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
7. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) “Party of God.”
(c) “Red Cross.”
8. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(b) “To Kandahar.”
9. What does “CIA” stand for?
(a) Corporate Identification Agency.
(b) Comprehensive Identification Act.
(c) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(d) The Conclusive Iridium Argument.
10. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(c) “Blood’s Thicker than Water.”
11. The CIA agents that interrogate Khalid during processing in Chapter 10 say that he communicated by code with other terrorists how?
(a) Via radio waves.
(b) Via postal mail.
(c) Via computer.
(d) Via telephone.
12. As Khalid walks home from school in Chapter 1, he worries about his father receiving a letter from the school about his misbehavior. In what school room was Khalid misbehaving?
(a) The computer lab.
(b) The science lab.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The foreign language lab.
13. How many children is Masud said to have back home in Chapter 9?
14. What sacred place is the Prophet Muhammad said to be buried in?
15. The woman with the American accent that questions Khalid in Chapter 6 asks him why he was traveling where last week?
(a) In Afghanistan.
(b) In England.
(c) In Pakistan.
(d) In Morocco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shopkeeper at the new Indian shop near Khalid’s home in Chapter 2?
2. The soldier named Michael tells Khalid in Chapter 12 that he’s what?
3. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a traditional dress of South and Central Asia, especially of Afghanistan and Pakistan, where it is worn by both men and women?
4. How old does the prisoner in the next cell to Khalid’s tell him he is in Chapter 11?
5. The peanuts that Khalid receives in his lunch in Chapter 12 are from where?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)