|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade has Khalid received for his essay plan on the Spanish Inquisition in Chapter 2?
2. In what English city has Khalid’s dad said to have worked as a lunch chef for the past ten years, in Chapter 1?
3. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(b) “To Kandahar.”
4. What “strange smell” immediately greets Khalid as he leaves the plane, finally free of his hood and earmuffs, in Chapter 16?
(b) The sea.
(c) The desert.
(d) Burning Wood.
5. As Khalid is aboard the plane to Guantanamo in Chapter 15, his mind keeps returning to whom, and considering whether this person is the link that has landed him in these circumstances?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Khalid is being shaved, stripped and processed at Kandahar in Chapter 10, he sees how many other children in the line that look even younger than him?
2. What is Niamh’s last name in the novel?
3. What is the address of Khalid’s home where he arrives after school in Chapter 1?
4. What news of Britain does the food trolley man reveal to Khalid and the other prisoners gloatingly in Chapter 16?
5. When one of the prisoners shouts at Khalid, calling him a “dorkhead,” he becomes convinced that it is whom in Chapter 22?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)