|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men that Khalid has spent the flight sandwiched between spent the entire flight doing what, in Chapter 10?
(b) Vowing revenge.
2. Where does the fellow prisoner tell Khalid he is from in Chapter 8?
3. What news of Britain does the food trolley man reveal to Khalid and the other prisoners gloatingly in Chapter 16?
(a) That Saddam Hussein has been captured and executed.
(b) That England has joined America in fighting the Iraq War.
(c) The France has refused to join the fight in Iraq.
(d) That Osama Bin Laden has been executed.
4. What word does Khalid use in Chapter 16 to refer to “acts of charity to help people in need”?
(a) “Tänd ett ljus.”
(b) “Eid al-Fitr.”
(c) “Shalwar kameez.”
5. How does Khalid say his name is actually pronounced when he is interrogated by the woman with the American accent in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Khalid’s father says that it has been how long since 9/11 “and the world is getting madder by the day” in Chapter 1?
2. What is Khalid’s last name in the novel?
3. The prisoner in the cell next to Khalid’s tells him in Chapter 11 that “Hezbollah” means what?
4. Ramadan is what month of the Islamic calendar?
5. The CIA agents that interrogate Khalid during processing in Chapter 10 say that he communicated by code with other terrorists how?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)