|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chapter 5’s title?
(a) “Blood’s Thicker than Water.”
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(b) “Blood’s Thicker than Water.”
3. Where in England does Khalid’s family live in the beginning of the novel?
4. The woman with the American accent that questions Khalid in Chapter 6 asks him why he was traveling where last week?
(a) In Afghanistan.
(b) In England.
(c) In Morocco.
(d) In Pakistan.
5. What grade has Khalid received for his essay plan on the Spanish Inquisition in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shopkeeper at the new Indian shop near Khalid’s home in Chapter 2?
2. The narrator says in Chapter 10, “He’s Khalid—himself, not a result of any” what?
3. Where in Pakistan did Khalid’s father grow up?
4. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a traditional dress of South and Central Asia, especially of Afghanistan and Pakistan, where it is worn by both men and women?
5. In what English city has Khalid’s dad said to have worked as a lunch chef for the past ten years, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)