|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Khalid’s sister Gul in Chapter 1?
2. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) “Water Tricks.”
(c) “The Jinn.”
(d) “Every Shred.”
3. Of whose capture does Khalid’s new lawyer tell him about in Chapter 24?
(a) Osama Bin Laden’s.
(b) Alex Jones’s.
(c) Saddam Hussein’s.
(d) George W. Bush’s.
4. How much older is Tariq than his cousin Khalid?
(a) 1 year old.
(b) 2 years older.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
5. Who does Khalid recognize from the recreation ground as he’s led to the barber in Chapter 21?
(a) Masud Al-Dossadi.
(b) Abdul Al-Farran.
(c) Ali Abaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Masud points out another prisoner to Khalid at the showers and tells him in Chapter 17 that the prisoner was blinded in one eye where?
2. When Khalid exits the plane in Chapter 16, a sticky heat covers his body in sweat, reminding him of an old school trip where on the hottest day of the year?
3. What kind of torture is Khalid forced to endure in Chapter 14?
4. How old was Tariq’s sister Radhwa when she died?
5. The narrator says of Khalid in the beginning of Chapter 15, “All night long, under the constant bright lights, the picture at the front of Khalid’s mind is the painting by” whom?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)