|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Tariq fills Khalid in on the events since they’ve been imprisoned. How many people does he say in March of 2003 marched in London against Tony Blair’s decision to go to war in Iraq?
(a) Over 3 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) Over 1 million.
(d) Over 50,000.
2. What term from the narrative refers to the breaking of the fast of Ramadan?
(a) Eid al-Fitr.
(b) Tänd ett ljus.
(d) Shalwar kameez.
3. What is the title of Chapter 25?
(c) “Water Tricks.”
4. As Khalid considers his life prior to his imprisonment in Chapter 18, he thinks, “Although he likes to give the impression he’s all right with girls, in actual fact he’s just as awkward and lacking in confidence as” whom?
5. When one of the prisoners shouts at Khalid, calling him a “dorkhead,” he becomes convinced that it is whom in Chapter 22?
(c) Masud Al-Dossadi.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prisoner in the next cell to Khalid’s in Chapter 11 tells him that he was born where?
2. Where is the guard named Marvin said to be from in Chapter 23?
3. Tariq tells Khalid that he lied to the authorities and said that Khalid’s father was what, in Chapter 23?
4. What is the date that one of the guards finally calls out when Khalid keeps asking for the date in the beginning of Chapter 22?
5. What is the phrase that Khalid was taught in school in order to learn the color spectrum?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)