|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vices does Aunt Sister have?
(a) She steals, lies, and cheats.
(b) She drinks, dances, and drives too fast.
(c) She gambles, throws fits, and fights with strangers.
(d) She smokes, chews gum, and swears.
2. What attack shocks Russell in 1941?
(a) The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
(b) The bombing of Nagasaki.
(c) The bombing of Hiroshima.
(d) Germany's invasion of Poland.
3. Where does Russell invite Mimi, only to give her hours of walking tour history lessons?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Haven.
4. What orphanage was Mimi raised in?
(a) Sarah Agnes Home.
(b) Children's Home.
(c) Sheltering Arms.
(d) St. Mary's of the Apostle.
5. Who is Herb's daughter with Lucy?
(c) Mary Leslie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Simmons do from the hole in the cellar ceiling?
2. After running away from the orphanage, where did Mimi find work?
3. Why is Russell angry with Herb?
4. What branch of the military does Russell apply for?
5. When did Germany invade Poland in World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Russell's writing success in Mr. Fleagle's class?
2. Why doesn't Lucy approve of Mimi?
3. Where does Russell work in his final year of high school?
4. What incident happens early one morning as Russell delivers his papers?
5. In 1939, who does Lucy begin dating?
6. After what event does Russell apply for the Navy?
7. After Belleville, where does the family move?
8. After failing one flight examination, how does Russell pass the next one with "Total Loss" Smith?
9. When Lucy announces she and Herb will marry, how does Russell feel?
10. How does Russell remember Uncle Harold?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)