|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months does Russell spend in training?
2. What famous text do Russell and George use as a guide for their dealings with Mimi?
(b) Oedipus Rex.
(c) Dante's Inferno.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What is the first Civil Rights movement Russell sees in his life?
(a) The boys at his school protesting by sitting on the steps.
(b) The boys in the college having a sit-in.
(c) The blacks from Lemmon Street walking down Lombard Street after Joe Louis wins.
(d) Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream speech.
4. What does Russell actually do when he receives his present on Christmas?
(a) He hugs his mother and kisses her.
(b) He cannot act surprised.
(c) He admits he found the gift.
(d) He gives the gift to Doris.
5. After meeting Mimi, what is Lucy's comment?
(a) Man works from sunup to sundown but a woman's work is never done.
(b) She seems a few important cards short of a working deck.
(c) Russell should propose right away before someone else does.
(d) She wouldn't be a bad-looking girl if she didn't wear so much makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what areas is Russell's knowledge extremely limited?
2. At what time of year were the orphanages shuttled from party to party, expected to be grateful?
3. What high school group rejects Russell, despite his good grades?
4. Who is Aunt Sister's husband?
5. What does Lucy call his new love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What class at school is torture for Russell, and why?
2. When Lucy announces she and Herb will marry, how does Russell feel?
3. How do Russell and George view Mimi?
4. After what event does Russell apply for the Navy?
5. Explain Mimi's childhood.
6. What school accepts Russell?
7. Why doesn't Lucy approve of Mimi?
8. What happens on Russell and Mimi's date to Washington?
9. Where does Russell work in his final year of high school?
10. What is Russell's writing success in Mr. Fleagle's class?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)