|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harold tell Russell he was shot during World War I?
(a) Between his heart and lung.
(b) In the knee.
(c) In the armpit.
(d) Between the eyes.
2. Of what religious persuasion is the matron at the orphanage?
(a) Fundamentalist Protestant.
(c) The Church of Latter-Day Saints.
(d) Lapsed Catholic.
3. How does Russell learn to swim?
(a) He jumps into the fifteen-foot deep pool.
(b) He and his instructor swim out together.
(c) He starts in the shallows with instructors.
(d) He never learns to swim.
4. Why has Uncle Charlie returned to Belleville?
(a) He was kicked out by Lucy.
(b) He missed working for the newspaper.
(c) He is depressed by the constant funerals.
(d) He missed Aunt Pat.
5. After his hangover subsides, how does Russell feel?
(c) Completely calm.
(d) Seriously ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Russell angry with Herb?
2. Into what college is Russell accepted?
3. What class in school does Russell hate the most?
4. What does Russell list as his ambition in his high school yearbook?
5. What bully beats Russell up at his new school in Baltimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Russell and Mimi's date to Washington?
2. What are Russell and Lucy's letters back and forth about?
3. How does Russell remember Uncle Harold?
4. When Lucy announces she and Herb will marry, how does Russell feel?
5. When Germany surrenders, where is Russell sent to await orders?
6. After what event does Russell apply for the Navy?
7. What is the first Civil Rights demonstration Russell sees in his life?
8. Why doesn't Lucy approve of Mimi?
9. Why is Russell denied membership to his high school honor's society?
10. How does Charlie Sussman help Russell go to college?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)