|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell plan to do when he sees the present on Christmas?
(a) He plans to feign surprise.
(b) He plans to give it to Doris.
(c) He plans to admit he found it already.
(d) He plans to burst into tears.
2. Of what religious persuasion is Mimi?
3. Of what religious persuasion is the matron at the orphanage?
(a) Fundamentalist Protestant.
(b) Lapsed Catholic.
(d) The Church of Latter-Day Saints.
4. What friend encourages Russell to try college?
(a) Mr. Simmons.
(b) George Stillman.
(d) Charlie Sussman.
5. What bully beats Russell up at his new school in Baltimore?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Harold die?
2. What was the black street in Russell's neighborhood?
3. What kind of food is the family taking home?
4. What does Russell actually do when he receives his present on Christmas?
5. After his hangover subsides, how does Russell feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What class at school is torture for Russell, and why?
2. What school accepts Russell?
3. After Doris meets Audrey, what does Uncle Harold do for her?
4. After Belleville, where does the family move?
5. What incident happens early one morning as Russell delivers his papers?
6. Who is Mary Leslie?
7. What are Russell and Lucy's letters back and forth about?
8. Why is Russell sent to the principle's office at his new school?
9. Why is Russell denied membership to his high school honor's society?
10. What is the first Civil Rights demonstration Russell sees in his life?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)