|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lucy begin to date in 1939?
(b) Benjamin Baker.
(c) Herb Orrison.
(d) Mr. Simmons.
2. One morning during his paper route, what terrifying story does Russell read?
(a) He reads that the price of milk is going up.
(b) He reads about a dismembered body found in the sewer.
(c) He reads about a house fire that has burned all night.
(d) He reads about the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
3. What hero of Russell's does Harold dislike?
(a) Dick Tracy.
(b) Moe Simon.
(c) Uncle Charlie.
4. What must Russell sometimes walk past in the downstairs parlor?
(a) The landlord's dog.
(b) The basement door.
(c) The library.
(d) Dead bodies.
5. Into what college is Russell accepted?
(a) Johns Hopkins.
(c) Sarah Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what areas is Russell's knowledge extremely limited?
2. What bully beats Russell up at his new school in Baltimore?
3. What does Russell actually do when he receives his present on Christmas?
4. What, theoretically, will Russell's advanced courses in high school allow him to do?
5. What does Lucy say upon Russell's acceptance to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1939, who does Lucy begin dating?
2. Why doesn't Lucy approve of Mimi?
3. When Germany surrenders, where is Russell sent to await orders?
4. After Belleville, where does the family move?
5. Explain Mimi's childhood.
6. How do Russell and George view Mimi?
7. What news prompts Lucy to send Russell out right away to sell his papers in 1939?
8. What does Lucy purchase for Russell as a mark of adolescence?
9. What are Russell and Lucy's letters back and forth about?
10. What happens on Russell and Mimi's date to Washington?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)