|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military does Russell apply for?
(a) The Marine Corps.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The Navy Air Corps.
(d) The Air Force.
2. How does Uncle Harold die?
(a) He dies in a hunting accident.
(b) He dies in the hospital after a series of heart attacks.
(c) He dies in a car accident.
(d) He dies in the hospital of lung cancer.
3. How does Russell learn to swim?
(a) He never learns to swim.
(b) He jumps into the fifteen-foot deep pool.
(c) He starts in the shallows with instructors.
(d) He and his instructor swim out together.
4. With which instructor does Russell take the reexamination?
(a) "Total Loss" Smith.
(d) The Yellow Peril.
5. When the war is over, how does Russell secretly feel?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels disappointed.
(c) He feels excited.
(d) He feels relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Russell angry with Herb?
2. At what age does Mimi run away from the orphanage for good?
3. When did Germany invade Poland in World War II?
4. Of what religious persuasion is the matron at the orphanage?
5. How does Doris feel after meeting her sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news prompts Lucy to send Russell out right away to sell his papers in 1939?
2. Explain Mimi's childhood.
3. After Belleville, where does the family move?
4. How does Charlie Sussman help Russell go to college?
5. What are Russell and Lucy's letters back and forth about?
6. Why is Russell sent to the principle's office at his new school?
7. Why is Russell denied membership to his high school honor's society?
8. What is odd about the family's new Baltimore home?
9. After Doris meets Audrey, what does Uncle Harold do for her?
10. Where does Russell work in his final year of high school?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)