|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What high school group rejects Russell, despite his good grades?
(a) The Latin Club.
(b) The Glee Club.
(c) The Honor Society.
(d) The Yearbook Committee.
2. On what expensive treat does Russell blow his budget for the trip after hearing Mimi's story?
(a) A ferry ride across the harbor.
(b) Dinner at the Chicken Hut and a movie.
(c) A delicate chocolate tart at a famous bakery.
(d) A six-course meal at the Townhouse.
3. What does Lucy call his new love?
(a) A ladybird.
(b) A cafe trotter.
(c) A know it all.
(d) A smooth operator.
4. What does Russell discover he will always do in regards to Mimi?
(a) Russell will always take her on trips.
(b) Russell will always buy her gifts.
(c) Russell will always take her to dinner.
(d) Russell will always come back to her.
5. How long does it take for Joe Louis to defeat Max Schmeling?
(a) Two minutes and nine seconds.
(b) Three hours, ten minutes, thirteen seconds.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Ten minutes and twenty seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Sister's husband?
2. What step to adulthood is Russell embarrassed that he has not taken?
3. With what military branch did Uncle Harold serve?
4. What friend encourages Russell to try college?
5. Who is Herb's daughter with Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1939, who does Lucy begin dating?
2. What part of adult life is Russell missing, according to his assessment of his friends?
3. How does Charlie Sussman help Russell go to college?
4. How successful is Hal's lumber company?
5. What school accepts Russell?
6. What are Russell and Lucy's letters back and forth about?
7. What is Russell's writing success in Mr. Fleagle's class?
8. What happens on Russell and Mimi's date to Washington?
9. What news prompts Lucy to send Russell out right away to sell his papers in 1939?
10. After what event does Russell apply for the Navy?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)