|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Russell's Irish bully?
2. Who doesn't Uncle Hal get along with in the house?
(b) Uncle Charlie.
(c) Lucy Elizabeth.
(d) Aunt Pat.
3. How and when did Papa die?
(a) He died in 1929 after the stock market crash at the age of 65.
(b) He died in 1918 of the flu at the age of 54.
(c) He died in 1910 in a carriage accident at the age of 47.
(d) He died in 1917 of a heart attack at the age of 53.
4. What two women in Russell's early life were involved in a hateful feud?
(a) Audrey and Ida Rebecca.
(b) Ida Rebecca and Annie.
(c) Lucy and Doris.
(d) Lucy and Ida Rebecca.
5. What did Cousin Edwin do for a living?
(a) He was the managing editor of the New York Times.
(b) He was an extra for film sets.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was the foreman in a gun factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Russell's first Christmas gift?
2. Who offers Lucy Elizabeth a home until she can get back on her feet?
3. Who is Lucy's model of male excellence?
4. Why do Oluf and Lucy Elizabeth stop their correspondence?
5. What superstitions does Ida Rebecca believe, but Lucy Elizabeth does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "powwowing"?
2. How does Lucy punish Russell when he misbehaves?
3. What has happened to Russell's mother?
4. In Belleville, what does Aunt Pat do to protest the landlady's Herbert Hoover poster?
5. How does the author describe his mother's attitude toward men?
6. What is Russell's earliest memory?
7. What did Lucy Elizabeth feel was her greatest failure with Benjamin?
8. How does Lucy Elizabeth meet Benjamin?
9. What are some of the reasons Ida Rebecca dislikes Lucy Elizabeth?
10. What remedy does Aunt Pat insist is good for the children, but they find disgusting?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)