|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Mimi run away from the orphanage for good?
2. Who is Russell's English teacher in his third year of high school?
(a) Mr. Simmons.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Fleagle.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. With what military branch did Uncle Harold serve?
(a) The Coast Guard.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Marines.
4. How does Lucy mark Russell's transition into adolescence?
(a) She throws a dinner party.
(b) She makes a large mark on the height chart.
(c) She purchases long pants for him.
(d) She buys him a cap.
5. Where is Russell sent when Germany surrenders?
(a) London, England.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Pensacola, Florida.
(d) Houston, Texas.
6. How long does it take for Joe Louis to defeat Max Schmeling?
(a) Two minutes and nine seconds.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Ten minutes and twenty seconds.
(d) Three hours, ten minutes, thirteen seconds.
7. When the war is over, how does Russell secretly feel?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels relieved.
(d) He feels disappointed.
8. While delivering papers, where does the well-dressed man try to take him?
(a) He tries to take him to a party.
(b) He tries to take him to get breakfast.
(c) He tries to take him to the park.
(d) He tries to take him to the train station.
9. What hero of Russell's does Harold dislike?
(b) Uncle Charlie.
(c) Dick Tracy.
(d) Moe Simon.
10. What does Russell plan to do when he sees the present on Christmas?
(a) He plans to admit he found it already.
(b) He plans to give it to Doris.
(c) He plans to feign surprise.
(d) He plans to burst into tears.
11. What famous text do Russell and George use as a guide for their dealings with Mimi?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Oedipus Rex.
(d) Dante's Inferno.
12. What A+ essay has Russell written?
(a) The History of Baltimore Abridged.
(b) The Art of Eating Spaghetti.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) The Way to Tie a Shoe.
13. On what expensive treat does Russell blow his budget for the trip after hearing Mimi's story?
(a) A delicate chocolate tart at a famous bakery.
(b) A six-course meal at the Townhouse.
(c) A ferry ride across the harbor.
(d) Dinner at the Chicken Hut and a movie.
14. What girl does Russell idolize on his paper route?
15. Where does Russell invite Mimi, only to give her hours of walking tour history lessons?
(b) New Haven.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. After running away from the orphanage, where did Mimi find work?
2. Why has Uncle Charlie returned to Belleville?
3. Who is Aunt Sister's husband?
4. What step to adulthood is Russell embarrassed that he has not taken?
5. Russell is shocked when Lucy decides to marry who?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)