|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he leaves for his Navy training, how long does it take for Russell to get homesick?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What does Russell actually do when he receives his present on Christmas?
(a) He hugs his mother and kisses her.
(b) He admits he found the gift.
(c) He gives the gift to Doris.
(d) He cannot act surprised.
3. Who is Russell's English teacher in his third year of high school?
(a) Mr. Simmons.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Fleagle.
4. With whom has Doris sometimes stayed during the summers?
(a) With Uncle Miller and Aunt Edmonia.
(b) With Aunt Sister and Uncle Harold.
(c) WIth Ida Rebecca.
(d) With Aunt Goldie and Uncle Tom.
5. What is installed in the house for Herb's job?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A garage.
6. What is Herb's only vice?
(a) Going to nightclubs.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
(d) Betting on horses.
7. What orphanage was Mimi raised in?
(a) St. Mary's of the Apostle.
(b) Children's Home.
(c) Sheltering Arms.
(d) Sarah Agnes Home.
8. What does Russell discover he will always do in regards to Mimi?
(a) Russell will always take her on trips.
(b) Russell will always come back to her.
(c) Russell will always take her to dinner.
(d) Russell will always buy her gifts.
9. What vices does Aunt Sister have?
(a) She drinks, dances, and drives too fast.
(b) She steals, lies, and cheats.
(c) She gambles, throws fits, and fights with strangers.
(d) She smokes, chews gum, and swears.
10. What was the black street in Russell's neighborhood?
(a) Peachtree Street.
(b) Crescent Street.
(c) Lombard Street.
(d) Lemmon Street.
11. What hero of Russell's does Harold dislike?
(a) Moe Simon.
(b) Uncle Charlie.
(d) Dick Tracy.
12. What girl does Russell idolize on his paper route?
13. What friend encourages Russell to try college?
(a) Charlie Sussman.
(b) Mr. Simmons.
(d) George Stillman.
14. What color is Russell's new suit?
(a) It is red with purple buttons.
(b) It is green with gray stripes.
(c) It is black with black buttons.
(d) It is gray with white stripes.
15. What does Russell plan to do when he sees the present on Christmas?
(a) He plans to give it to Doris.
(b) He plans to feign surprise.
(c) He plans to admit he found it already.
(d) He plans to burst into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the family been in Baltimore when Lucy takes Russell and Doris with her to get food?
2. Of what religious persuasion is Mimi?
3. After meeting Mimi, what is Lucy's comment?
4. One summer, who is Doris stunned to finally meet?
5. Where does Russell invite Mimi, only to give her hours of walking tour history lessons?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)