|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Benjamin at the young age of thirty-three?
(c) Acute diabetic coma.
(d) Whooping cough.
2. Why has Oluf left Newark?
(a) He is on the run from the law.
(b) He is trying to find a job.
(c) He is searching for a lost sibling.
(d) He enjoys traveling.
3. What is the only area of education that Lucy Elizabeth does not teach Russell?
(a) Sex education.
4. Who allays Russell's fear of the talk about birds and bees?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Aunt Pat.
(c) Uncle Jesse.
(d) Uncle Hal.
5. Why doesn't Uncle Charlie leave the house?
(a) He loves his family too much.
(b) He has a bet with a neighbor.
(c) He has too much work to do.
(d) He looks like Moe Simon.
6. Who doesn't Uncle Hal get along with in the house?
(a) Lucy Elizabeth.
(c) Aunt Pat.
(d) Uncle Charlie.
7. In his first job, for what company does Russell work?
(a) The Curtis Publishing Company.
(b) The Billings Paper Company.
(c) The Rockefeller Foundation.
(d) The Neiman Marcus Group.
8. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
(a) Cancer of the lungs and blood.
(d) Hopeless senility, or hardening of the arteries.
9. What is Uncle Charlie's favorite book?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
10. What does Lucy do after the death of Papa to make ends meet?
(a) Lucy sells the ancestral family home.
(b) Lucy works in a knitting factory.
(c) Lucy opens a tavern.
(d) Lucy becomes a schoolteacher.
11. After Newark, where does the family move?
12. What does Lucy do with the present?
(a) She forces Benjamin to take it back.
(b) She throws it out the back door.
(c) She helps Doris set it up.
(d) She throws it in the garbage.
13. Why was Russell enrolled in a gymnastics program?
(a) It was an attempt to correct his posture.
(b) He had dreams of being in the Olympics.
(c) It was thought it would help his circulation.
(d) He was not nearly flexible enough for his age.
14. What medicine does Aunt Pat insist on giving to Russell and Doris?
(a) Cod liver oil.
(b) Essence of basil.
(c) Calcium carbonate.
15. To what brotherhood did Grandfather George belong?
(a) The Order of Red Men.
(b) The Society of Blue Men.
(c) The Brotherhood of the Sparrow.
(d) The Freemasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Russell's mother insist he would do?
2. What is Russell's job with this company?
3. To whom did Lucy Elizabeth give up Audrey?
4. What major travel institution was located in Brunswick?
5. What happens to Russell while trying to play on his first day in Newark?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)