1. What happens to Russell's mother at the age of eighty?
She has her last bad fall.
2. To what ailment does Russell's mother succumb?
Hopeless senility, or hardening of the arteries.
3. What two types of people does Russell feel are forever disconnected?
Parents and children.
4. What did Russell's mother insist he would do?
Make something of himself.
5. What does Russell's mother think is a major character flaw of his?
He has no gumption.
6. How much younger than Russell is Doris?
This section contains 4,686 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)